Saturday, November 1, 2014

October Favorites 2014

October flew by. Sure, everyone says that, but balancing all of my classes on top of everything else going on in my life has been insane. Nevertheless, I do have some new loves to share!

We'll start with my favorite breakfast of the month: cinnamon roll waffles. I've been obsessed with my waffle iron recently, and these were just too good to not snap a picture for Instagram! 



Beauty
  • Benefit the Porefessional: I'm on a mission to use up all of my deluxe samples and when trying to use this bad boy up, I remembered how much I love it! It's awesome for smoothing out my complexion and making my face makeup last all day long.
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty: Behold my new favorite blush ever. Not only is the formula just gorgeous, but the color is the perfect cold weather flush.
  • Clinique Eyeshadow Duo in Like Mink: I reviewed this earlier in the month (link!) so I won't go into too much detail. But this is the perfect, every day shadow duo and it's so quick and simple to sweep on. 
  • Maybelline Baby Lips in Grape Vine: I featured a different Baby Lips in my last monthly favorites (Cherry Me, I believe?) but I've been loving this one. Darker tones look great with my coloring and this sheer purple is lovely for a no-mirror lip color for fall. 

Hair Care
  • Beauty Protect Protect&Shampoo + Protect&Condition: I received these guys in a Birchbox a while back, and (like I said earlier) since I'm trying to use up some deluxe samples, I took them out. I don't know if I would buy the full sizes, but I like 'em! They really clean my hair and smell sweet and sugary (think Aquolina's Pink Sugar fragrance), which I adore.
  • Not Your Mother's Knotty to Nice Conditioning Detangler: I looked for this product for over a year (no exaggeration there) before finally snagging it in Ulta at the beginning of the month. I love it. It makes my hair feel nice and soft and helps get out those pesky tangles.

Fashion/Miscellaneous:
  • Beauty and the Beast Watch: How gorgeous is this? I don't wear watches every day, but this is so beautiful that I've been wearing it pretty often. It's no secret that I'm a huge Disney fanatic so this sort of thing is right up my ally. 
  • Stitch Flash Drive: Yeah, this is my new flash drive. I've probably filled up four USB drives already, and I decided this time to get a cute one. I love it! If you're looking for some quirky and affordable flash drives, check out Amazon...that's where I got mine!
  • Claw Clips: I used to use these all the time when I was younger and recently rediscovered their amazingness when I went shopping a few weeks ago. I use this one from H&M every single day and it is the most convenient hair tool ever.
  • Pretty Little Liars: You're probably thinking, "Alyssa, you're lightyears behind the rest of the world on this one." And yes, that is very true. I became a fan of the book series long before the TV show premiered and put off watching the show because of all the extreme differences. But recently I've put aside the books and began to think of them as two completely separate things and I love the show. I'm on the beginning of season three, so shhhhh! No spoilers!
  • Retail-Me-Not: I'm a big sales girl so this app is my best friend. I've known about the website for a while, but the app is a million times better. The amount of money I've saved because of Retail-Me-Not is almost as ridiculous as the amount of money I've talked myself into spending because of it. 
  • Baking: Obviously I love to be in the kitchen and the colder months are the times where I can really get down and dirty with my baking. I've been slamming out baked goods like it's nobody's business lately. Something about mixing and scooping cookie dough is just so relaxing to me. 

I hope everyone had a great October and here's to an even better November! 
Alyssa








No comments:

Post a Comment