Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Favorites 2014

 I can't decide if this month went quickly or slowly. Nevertheless, it's finished and I have some of my favorite products to share!


Obviously I can't type up this favorites without honoring Danielle Fishel's book signing. I have a whole separate post/mini book review on that, so I'll link that here to avoid going into sever fangirl mode.



Beauty
  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup: With the weather beginning to cool down, I've switched to an actual foundation (as opposed to a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream) and this one is one of my favorites. It's a light-medium coverage and looks so natural and, well, healthy. I've worn this every time I've worn makeup this month!
  • Sephora Powder Blush in Peach Fusion: Getting up early for class always makes my skin loose all of it's color, and I love this product for getting back a natural glow. It's the perfect matte, light peachy-pink and the formulation is just wonderful. 
  • J-Cat Beauty Flying Solo Eye Shadow in Half Naked: I don't typically wear eye makeup just for class, but whenever I have been putting in the extra effort, I've been just sweeping this color across my lids. It's a gorgeous, golden champagne that lights up my eyes and is perfect for fall. 
  • Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me: This is an old favorite and I'm estatic to have re-discovered it. Sometimes I don't feel like a ton of color or gloss on my lips, but this balm adds a nice sheer wash of red that is great for every day wear. 


Skincare
  • Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Eye Cream: I picked this up completely on a whim and am so happy with it. I've only been using it a few weeks, but it's really hydrating and feels nice when applied. Plus, the smell is nice and fresh.
  • Dr. Brandt Pores No Mores Vacuum Cleaner: I've been using this every few days just on my nose and chin, and it's really been helping to de-gunk my pores. It's not the best thing I've ever used, but it's cooling and tingly and does help remove some pesky blackheads. 
  • Biore Deep Cleaning Pores Strips: Speaking of removing pesky blackheads, I've been using these pore strips once a week and I find that these really do help as well. What I love about these so much is that as gross as it is, once you peel it off you can see actual results, so you know there is some difference after using it. 

Body Products
  • Avon Naturals Refreshing Cucumber Melon Body Spray: In attempt to use up some of my collection, the past few months I've been using one fragrance every day until I finish it. Currently, I'm using this one, and forgot how much I like it. It's really light and fresh, and just makes me feel nice when I wear it. 
  • Dove Go Fresh Revive: I'm not super picky with antiperspirants, but I recently started using this one and have been really enjoying it. It keeps me fresh for hours and has a nice light pomegranate scent that isn't too overbearing. 


Fashion
  • Cotton On top: This quickly became one of my new favorite tees. Not only is it really soft and slightly over sized (meaning it is sooo comfortable to wear!) but I juts love the word and the pattern. I picked this up over Labor Day weekend and am just so obsessed. 
  • Jewelmint Chevron Valley Necklace: I did a whole separate post on this when I first got it so I won't talk about it too much. I've been wearing it often this past month and just love it how it looks with so many different outfits and styles. 
  • LC by Lauren Conrad heart link bracelet: Lauren Conrad's jewelry line at Kohl's is one of my absolute favorites, and I came across this gold, heart link bracelet a few weeks ago. I much prefer silver jewelry, but whenever I reach for some silver, I've been reaching for this bracelet.


Random
  • Real Techniques Face Brushes: These brushes are, in my opinion, the best affordable brushes on the market by far. I finally got around to picking up the set of face brushes,  and I use them all. The buffing brush and the contour brush (the two at the top) are my top picks from the set, but the pointed foundation and the concealer brush are amazing as well. 
  • Phillip Phillips The World from the Side of the Moon: Yeah, I've very late on this album. But I've been listening to it every single day lately. My favorite songs are Gone, Gone, Gone, Hold On, Tell Me a Story, and Hazel.
  • Old Navy: I dunno what it is exactly, but I've just been really liking Old Navy's clothes lately. I placed a huge online order at the beginning of the month and just recently bought some stuff in store. I've been doing really well with the clearance items, and their selections have really evolved over the years into some quality pieces. 
  • Luden's Honey Cough Drops: There's always that one oddball product in my favorites each month, and I think this is it. I had a cold for the majority of this month, and these are my favorite cough drops to sooth a sore throat. They taste delicious and they don't turn your whole mouth a funky color, which I really appreciate. 

What have YOU been loving in September?
Alyssa




No comments:

Post a Comment