Friday, July 18, 2014

Tiny Treasure: My Newest Jewelry Piece

I like to think of jewelry as my thing. Some people love shoes, others scarves or perfume or handbags, but I'm a sucker for a cute pair of earrings or stacking up some bracelets. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of all of the above, but there's something about slipping on my favorite jewelry pieces that makes my ensemble for the day feel complete. And today, I'm sharing my latest find: the Chevron Valley Necklace from Jewelmint.com.



I would say that I'm a fairly frequent Jewelmint shopper. I've purchased from the site multiple times in the past (the first time being back in May of 2012) and have always had pleasant experiences with the company. They ship their products in a black embossed mail carrier, the inside of which is all bubble wrap. I've never had anything arrive to me broken, which is a  major worry in my head when purchasing delicate items (jewelry included) via the internet. 


The piece itself came in a thick cardboard box. I always re-purpose these boxes! They are so durable and  really handy for organizing a drawer.


Like I said earlier, this is Jewelmint's Chevron Valley Necklace, which is a light antique-y gold statement necklace. What drew me into this piece was that while it is a statement piece, it's not clunky and in your face. I love big and chunky necklaces, but lately I'm finding a lot of them are being overdone, which is not the case here. This is not only a dress-it-up-or-dress-it-down piece, but it's noticeable and different without being a flashing light on your outfit every time you wear it. 


I'm so happy with this purchase. The necklace is nicely weighted but not too heavy (I find it's a delicate balance between being heavy enough to be considered sturdy but not too heavy so it doesn't feel like a chore to wear it) and the overall quality of the product is lovely. While it's not the most timeless piece of jewelry I own, this is something that fits right in with my style, and I know I'll get so much use out of it. All in all, I'm very pleased! All pieces coming directly from Jewelmint are priced at $29.99, but they do have a section of Collective pieces that range anywhere from $20 and up. If you are interested, I'll link the website here!

Are you a fan of statement necklaces?
Alyssa

PS: Little disclaimer: I am no way affiliated with Jewelmint.com. I'm just a lover of the site and wanted to share my most recent find from it!  

1 comment: