Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What's in my Bag? Summer 2014

Today I'm back to share the contents of my handbag. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm kind of nosy and I love peaking into other people's bags (via YouTube videos and blog posts, of course). I find it really interesting to see what others find necessary to truck around all day. And finally, I'm going to let everyone else see mine.



My bag itself is the Regional bag in green from JustFab.com. I'm a huge fan of JustFab as a whole, but this bag in particular I've been using since March and it hasn't worn out much at all. Aside from the quality, I love the style, and the color is just perfect for summer. Attached to the hardware, I have my signature Pillow Pet panda key chain as well as my hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works. Currently, I have the Stress Relief scent, which I used religiously during finals as an attempt at keeping my nerves down.


No matter what bag I'm carrying, on top is always my phone and my keys. I have this adorable Stitch case from Amazon (similar here), which I'm absolutely in love with. Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters, and come on, how can you not think that's cute? My keys are on a Vera Bradley lanyard (the print is unfortunately retired. Sorry!) along with my Lego Ron Weasley and my Cinderella on Broadway key chains. Along with my two givens, I like to carry around a little spiral notebook and whatever book I'm currently reading (if it fits, of course). My notebook is from the dollar bin at Target and the book is Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. 


Digging a bit deeper, obviously I need to have my wallet. When I'm out shopping or am carrying a larger bag, I use my full wallet, but for summertime I prefer something a bit smaller. At the moment I'm loving this card case from Coach, which is just big enough for me to carry around a few cards and some cash. Then I have just some regular Apple headphones, my favorite sunglasses at the moment, which are LC by Lauren Conrad (her line at Kohl's), and oddly enough, some Post-Its and a pen. I always carry around Post-Its for some reason, and honestly, I actually use them!


Every girl needs her makeup bag, and I (attempt) to keep mine pretty basic. The bag itself is June's Ipsy bag, which was designed by Rebecca Minkoff. I like to keep a concealer and powder on me at all times for covering up blemishes. Right now I have my trusty Maybelline Coverstick in Deep Beige alongside my ELF Translucent Mattifying Powder. Although the powder has a huge mirror inside, I keep a separate compact mirror (another panda...can you tell they are my favorite animal?) which was a gift from my mom. Then I have a Burt's Bees lip balm in Grapefruit, and my Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, which is one of my favorite products I own. 


As always, a few things fall to the bottom. In this case, I have two more lip balms (I go nuts if my lips are chapped, so I always have an extra or two), my Nivea A Kiss of Milk and Honey (all-time favorite), and my Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm. My Soap&Glory Hand Food combats my dry hands, plus the scent is incredible. And finally, I just have a hair tie and some bobby pins!

What's your top purse essential?
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment