Saturday, September 27, 2014

Autumn Haul 2014

Autumn clothes, in my opinion, are the best clothes. There's nothing cozier than snuggling up in a comfy sweater and nothing cuter than slipping on some tights and boots. I tend to go far crazier with shopping in the colder months (which isn't necessarily the best thing considering I love in an area with a clear four seasons) so I've been particularly keen on all of the styles that have been hitting the stores recently. That being said, I did a bit of shopping lately, and decided to share my findings. All of these items (with the exception of one little Walgreen's purchase) were purchased in outlet stores, and as usual, everything was discounted. So I didn't do that much damage. *smiles guiltily*


Here's the cruddy iPhone picture of my bags on the floor of my bedroom. In my defense, this is collective and there's not too much from each store (except Old Navy. There's a fair amount from Old Navy).




That fair amount happens to be six items. On the far left are the first two I picked out. I am a huge pajama person, and the second I brushed my fingers against these bad boys I knew I had to own them. They are the softest fabric I've felt in a long time. The top is huge and has my motto on it: Need Coffee. I don't know that these are the specific matching bottoms, but they're gray with tiny pink hearts and I love how they look together. Next up, in the top right, are two pieces I bought to wear together: the flouncy orange-red skirt and the plain, soft cotton black top. The top is nothing special aside from the feel (and the price: $4.99 on clearance!) but the skirt is different and I love how they look together. Finally in the bottom right I bought a pair of dark gray, thick tights and some cable knit knee socks to wear with boots. 


I was much better in H&M. I have this pair of black studded loafers (coincidentally from Old Navy) that I love and are very well worn, and I've been looking for a pair to replace them for a few months now. I'm still keeping the old ones until they absolutely fall apart, but I found these plain black ones for $14.95 that are comfortable and are very similar sans the studs (which is part of the reason I will hold onto the older ones). I also picked up a black claw clip to hold back my hair when I'm just hanging at home. 


The Body Shop was having an amazing sale (20% off of two items, 30% off of three, and 40% off of four+) so I picked up three travel sized body butters--one in Mango, one in Satsuma, and one in Strawberry--and their Cocoa Butter Creme Body Scrub at $6 a piece. With the forty percent off and then an additional ten percent off with a membership card borrowed from a friend, I spent just over twelve dollars for everything.


The Vera Bradley Outlet was having some incredible deals--think fifty percent off everything, including previously marked down items! I picked up this tumbler cup (I'm obsessed with these) in the Jazzy Blooms print that ended up being $9. I also was in the need for a pouch for my iPad, so I picked up the mini tablet sleeve in Indigo Pop, which was already on sale for $24.95 and ended up being $12.48--a steal! 


This location by far the smallest Forever21 store I've ever been in, and I am surprised I walked out with even three items. I picked out this maroon/cranberry skater skirt (the camera makes it come across much more purple than it actually is...it definitely leans more maroon in person), a basic cream colored cami (for only $1.90!) and a peach floral necklace. 


Next up is the stuff varying from a few different stores. I found these over sized, fleece/flannel pajama bottoms from the Victoria's Secret outlet store for $9.99 and I can't wait to wear these once it cools down some more. I typically don't love shopping at Claire's, much preferring Icing, but picked up this tribal print wallet and some green hair chalk (I've always wanted to experiment with hair chalk!) in their super sale. I stopped in Dress Barn and walked out with a pack of three necklace extenders, which will most certainly come in amazing use when picking out my jewelry. From the Cosmetic Company Outlet I treated myself to my favorite Clinique eye shadow duo in Like Mink, which is a goregous pinky-champagne and a warm brown, and then I picked up the Rose Tinted Vasaline at Walgreen's. Phew! 


And lastly, meet my new little friend! If you're a Disney fan and have seen Tangled, you know all about Pascal. I'm a huge Disney (and Tangled!) fan and when I saw him in the Disney Outlet store, just couldn't pass him up.

Alright, that was a lot of stuff. I'm pretty sure I'm done shopping for the time being, or at least until the next huge sale comes along. 

What's your favorite fall fashion trend?
Alyssa



No comments:

Post a Comment