Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Beauty Boxes: September 2014

Coming home after a long day of class and having my beauty boxes waiting for me is always a good thing. September is usually a great month for subscription services, so I was particularly excited to tare into the mail carriers.



Before I even get into the contents, can we just appreciate how cute the actual box/bag are? Ugh, I just love it.


As usual, we'll start off with Birchbox. This month's theme is "Fresh Paint" which focuses on diving into fall's colors, texture, and inspiration. September is Birchbox's Anniversary month which is the cause for the (gorgeous) patterned box.


This month in my box:
  • dr. brant pores no more vacuum cleaner (full size, $45)
  • Harvey Prince Hello (full size, $38)
  • Jouer Anti-aging Moisture Primer (full size, $38)
  • Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil (full size, $13)
  • Tocca Crema de Mano - Bianca (full size, $10)
  • R&Co Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner (full size, $24-$25)
Alright, Birchbox, this box is pretty solid. My favorite products are probably the dr. brandt face mask and the eyebrow pencil. I have this brow pencil already from an Ipsy bag a few months back and I love it. The hand cream and the primer are great, too, but I'm a teensy annoyed with the foil packets and the perfume sample. What redeems this (in my opinion) is that for the first time in forever (Frozen, anyone?) there are six samples instead of five. So since the shampoo and conditioner were technically labeled "bonus items," I'll let this slide.


This month, Ipsy did a square, gunmetal pleather bag with some silver stud detailing towards the top. I actually like it! It's different from all of the other bags I have from them: it's classy, simple, chic, and perfect for fall. Ipsy's September them? "Street Style."


In my bag this month:
  • Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask (full size, $26)
  • NYX Single Eye Shadow in Addiction (full size, $4.50)
  • Pacifica Mineral Waterproof Eyeliner in Fringe (full size, $11)
  • Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in 09 Basic Instinct (full size, $19)
  • Crown Brush Deluxe Infinity Shadow/Crease brush (full size, $6.99)
Another good month for Ipsy as well! I like every single product in this bag, I'm most excited about the hair mask and the brush. Now, I love lip gloss and eyeliner and eye shadow as much as the next girl, but they're kind of typical. Trust me, I'm excited to see them included, but I don't get hair masks quite often (not to mention a hair mask that's this good of a size) and a high quality makeup brush? Yes, please!


Birchbox value: $37.35
Ipsy value: $42.44



What products did you get this month?
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment