Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Reviewed: Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo

There's a lot of products I feel are underrated into the beauty community and one of them for sure is Clinique's range of eye shadows. Now, I love the brand's skincare (I swear by their All About Eyes eye cream) but their makeup isn't typically up to par. But like I said, their eye shadows are lovely, and I'm going to review a duo here today.


Clinique's packaging is really quite pretty: a pastel colored box with a water color-eque floral design. The ratio of packaging to product isn't perfect but fairly solid, and the actual product casing is mirrored and acrylic (which is a combination I'm weirdly obsessed with). There's .06oz/1.8g of product included--MAC Mineralized Eye Shadow Duos, for reference, are .07oz. 



Straight out of the box, there's plastic protector over the powders, a peel-off diagram tutorial on the mirror, and a dual ended applicator, which includes a blending brush and a foam applicator. I really don't like foam applicators, but if I had to use any brand's, Clinique's are my favorites. 


This duo is in the shade Like Mink, which includes the most gorgeous pinky-champagne (it reminds me of Stila Kitten or MAC Jest) and a warm toned medium brown. Yes, yes, the colors are very typical, but they're wearable and something I'll use a ton, and that's all I care about. Yeah, it's kind of obsessive to have four of the same color shadows, but I'd rather have four pinky-champagnes than 10 different and bright colors I'll never wear. 


My camera was being extremely temperamental today, so this is the best I could do with the swatches. Even though the quality is crap at best, the pigmentation of the powders is clear. The shadows are smooth and buttery with great color pay off and zero flaking. How much better can you get? My favorite kind of eye shadows are those you can just swirl your brush in and sweep easily across your lids, and these totally fall into that category. 


Clinique eye shadow duos retail for $20 and can be found wherever Clinique products are sold (Macy's, Sephora, Nordstrom, and online, definitely). I've had these shadows before, but repurchased the duo at a CCO on Friday for $14. If you're looking for a pretty, every day shadow combination, I highly recommend this one. 

What's YOUR favorite Clinique product?
Alyssa



No comments:

Post a Comment