Friday, October 17, 2014

Beauty Boxes: October 2014

It's that time of the month again...beauty box time! In case you've forgotten, I am subscribed to Birchbox and Ipsy, both of which are services that for ten dollars a month send a box (or bag) full of deluxe size beauty products to your doorstep on a monthly basis.


Before I get into the actual boxes, I will say this: I really wish that the companies would send the boxes out earlier. I always get so excited when a new month begins to check out my products, and I always have to wait a week or so to actually get my products. But oh well.


As per usual, we shall start with Birchbox. This month's theme is all about obsessing. You know, finding that thing you absolutely love and nerd out over, whether it's a TV show, a book series, or something else. I think that's really cute! A lot of people have been throwing themselves into their interests lately, so it's a great theme for Birchbox to do.


This month in my box:
  • Camille Beckham Tuscan Honey Glycerine Hand Therapy (full size, $13.95)
  • Coastal Scents Revealed Eyeshadow Palette Set (full size, $34)
  • Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips (full size, $14.50)
  • TOCCA Ea de Parfum Florence (full size, $68)
  • Vasanti Cosmetics Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (full size, $34)
In terms of variety, this is okay but not great. With three body products, one makeup product, and a perfume sample, it's not bad, just so-so in my opinion. I'm not thrilled with perfume samples, but this one is at least double the size of a normal one (a great handbag size) and the smell is decent. The face wash, shadow palette, and hand cream are nice sizes, too, but the Dr. Lipp balm, while the most unique sample I've gotten in a while, is very tiny. I'm happy with/will enjoy the products, but I would like to see bigger samples/more variety. Come on, Birchbox, you're better than this!


As for Ipsy, the bag for October is a rectangular (think almost like a pencil case) plastic-y aqua bag with a cool geometric texture. I really like it! It's not he most interesting one they've done, but it's unique and great for fall. The theme to go along with it in Beauty Candy. I don't know if I've said this before or not, but I wish that Ipsy would print their products on the back of the card like Birchbox does. I like reading off of my card and pulling out the products each month. 


This month in my bag:
  • Nourish Organics Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser (full size, $14.99)
  • MICA Beauty Cosmetics Shimmer Powder in Reluctance (93) (full size, $14.95)
  • Cit Color Be Matte Lipstick in Cappuchino (full size, $5)
  • Figs&Rouge Rose Berry Hand Cream (full size, $6.56)
  • Skyn Iceland Glacial Cleansing Cloths (full size, $15)
Okay, I will admit it: Ipsy hit this month out of the park for me. I was a little disappointed that I didn't snag a Nicole by OPI polish like some other subscribers got, but after seeing the contents of my own haul, I don't even care. Glacial Cleansing Cloths? How can you be mad at something when it includes Glacial Cleansing Cloths? Not to mention, I've heard amazing things about Figs&Rouge, plus, I love my City Color blush palette, so I'm definitely open to trying more from the brand. And a (huge size) face cleanser and a (full size) mineral shadow? Score! 


Birchbox value: $13.68
Ipsy value: $33.84


Have you used any of these products?
Alyssa








No comments:

Post a Comment