Monday, February 1, 2016

2015 Favorites: Beauty, Fashion, and More

I can't even believe that 2015 is over. So much happened in these 365 days that I can't believe it's actually over, but at the same time I'm excited to see what 2016 has in store! This post is definitely late, but better late than never, right?

Decorating my Erin Condren Life Planner with stickers has definitely been
one of my favorites this year! 

It took quite a while to compile a list of my favorite products from throughout the entire year, but I think I racked my brain enough and narrowed down a pretty good list of my all-time favorites from the past year.


Makeup
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray: This is one of those products that I never thought would actually do anything until I tried it. I've been using this almost every time I've put on makeup this year and not only is it refreshing, but it really helps my makeup last all day. 
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronzer (shade #3): I got this product for Christmas in 2014, and it quickly became my go-to for both contouring and adding a little color to my face. It's smooth and matte and the shade is just perfect for me. 
  • MAC Iridescent Powder in Coup de Chic: Definitely the product from the brand's Cinderella collection I've used the most (surprisingly even more than that eyeshadow palette!) this is a pretty, subtle pink-toned highlighter that I like to dust on the tops of my cheekbones as an every day look. 
  • Jouer Lip Gloss in Wind: I cashed in some Birchbox points for this little guy (girl?) a few months ago and it is amazing. It's the perfect nude color for my lips, so it just makes them look glossy. I've been wearing it every day since September with a matte eye and it's a great for a barely-there makeup look. 
  • Sephora Glossy Glosses: These are some of the best glosses I've ever tried. The Sephora brand in general is a big discovery of mine this year, but these are my favorite cosmetic items from the store's line. My favorite colors are Irish Coffee and Creme Brulle. 
Hair Products

  • It's A 10 Miracle Leave in Plus Keratin: I just did an in-depth review of this during Blogmas so I won't talk about it too much here, but it's just an amazing hair product that I use after I wash my hair. 

Skincare
  • Sephora Sheet Masks: Ugh, how did I not know about these sooner? My friend introduced me to them back in June, and they are fantastic. Each one does is focused around different things, and my favorites are Pomegranate (anti-fatigue and energizing) and Honey (nourishing and balancing). Bonus? The eye masks are great, too!
  • Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water: Another Sephora-brand product, another product that I've been using all year, this is such a great buy. It's a cleansing water that I use to take off my makeup, and I love everything from the formula (its absolutely perfect) to the packaging (so convenient).
Fashion

  • Denim Vest: Swoon, this was my favorite fashion piece of the summer. I wore it with dresses, shorts, and skirts. It even inspired me to buy some puffy, winter vests, which I now have four of and love. One of my fashion must haves is a darker wash, cropped version!
  • Dooney & Bourke for Disney Sketch Print Bag: This was a graduation present from my cousin and I don't think I'll ever not love it. The print is quirky and fun, and the size is just perfect. 
Random
  • Etsy planner stickers: I've started decorating my Erin Condren with stickers from Etsy, and it's my new obsession/hobby. I'll be posting more about it, but I did a sneak peek during Blogmas, which you can check out here.
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick: I don't have a cable box in my bedroom, and this is the next best thing. You just plug it into your television and you're able to watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant Video, HBO Go, etc. I've only had this since the end of november and I'm already beyond obsessed. 
  • Grey's Anatomy: A couple of my friends from school introduced me to this show at the beginning of the semester and I'm already through just over nine seasons. It's a cult favorite and worth the hype. Trust me. 
  • Sims 4 & Animal Crossing: New Leaf: I tried the newest versions of my two favorite video games this year and they both are completely awesome. I'm not a huge gamer, but I'm obsessed with these. 
And that is that! I can't wait to try out new products in the upcoming year and share them with all of you guys :)

What was your favorite product of 2015?


No comments:

Post a Comment