Thursday, February 26, 2015

Book Shelf: Most Anticipated Reads of 2015 (So far!)

If I need to calm down, 9/10 times I reach for a book. I don't know what it is exactly about reading that makes me feel at bliss, but it's always been a safe haven of mine. My reading habits are all over the place, but I've recently grown to truly appreciate Young Adult novels, so those are the books currently on the top of my wish list.


The photo above comes from Tumblr, but I've read and enjoyed almost every one of these (The Perks of Being a Wallflower is my all-time favorite book--I've loved it for almost five years) and I thought it would give a sense of my reading taste.



      1. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen - May 5th 2015
             I love Sarah Dessen. Despite being married and having a young daughter (PS: I follow her on Twitter so I basically feel like she's my best friend) she has a way of being so relatable to people of all ages. Her way with words is so captivating and real, and I have never been disappointed with one of her stories. This one is going to follow Sydney, a girl who feels left behind within her own family and experiences acceptance with another. I haven't read too into the synopsis, but I'm getting the sense of romantic entanglement as well, just not as the focal point of the storyline. 


      2. Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story by David Levithan - March 17th 2015
             David Levithan co-wrote Will Grayson, Will Grayson with John Green, and this is a sister story to that one. This novel will focus entirely on Tiny Cooper, the best friend to the first Will Grayson, through the form of a musical--which relates back to the original novel. I like WG, WG very much, and I like Tiny Cooper as a character, so I think this is going to be an interesting read.



      3. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - October 6th 2015
             Eleanor and Park was a book I didn't expect to fall in love with, but after reading it, I immediately began to read the rest of Rainbow Rowell's novels. Carry On may not have official cover art yet, but it's plot line, which follows a powerful magician named Simon through his life and adventures at boarding school, is already circulating the internet. I'm intrigued due to the fact that the majority of typicalYA novels are realistic fiction over fantasy, but I think a book that combines romance with monsters is something I have to read. 


      4. Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway - June 23rd 2015
             I don't know much about Robin Benway, because, well, I haven't read anything about her. But I found a synopsis of her upcoming novel online a few months ago and got excited. I'm a sucker for best friend stories, and this one has aspects to it (a father kidnapping his own son, for instance) that are different than anything I've ever seen. 


      5. Mosquitoland by David Arnold - March 3rd 2015
             David Arnold is another author I've never dug into, but like Emmy & Oliver, this storyline intrigued me. It follows Mim, a young adult character who goes on a journey and finds herself along the way. Coming of age stories can sometimes lean a little on the cliche side, but they still inspire me. As a young adult still attempting to find myself, I enjoy reading about characters facing the same problems and struggles. Plus, this is the closest release date out of my five picks, so by next week I'll have (hopefully!) read it. 

What book release are you most looking forward to?
      


No comments:

Post a Comment