Sunday, December 6, 2015

Reviewed: Elf Daily Brush Cleaner -Blogmas Day 6-

In my opinion, brush cleanser, for the most part, is ridiculously overpriced. To deep clean my brushes, I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo, but I looked for a long while before finding a drugstore spot cleaner. To my delight, I spotted this little guy in The Christmas Tree Shoppe a few weeks ago, and I eagerly tossed it in my basket.


It's no secret that I think Elf is an underrated brand. Their studio line keeps getter better and better, and is mostly priced between $3-6, which is great value. Even though I am a fan of the brand's cosmetics, I wasn't entirely sure how their Daily Brush Cleaner would be--I had tried their Brush Shampoo and hated it--but I took and shot and was pleasantly surprised!


The packaging is standard: a plastic, square spray bottle with white font. The liquid itself smells like perfume, and I'm indifferent about it. Elf's Brush Shampoo smelled awful, so I was worried the Daily Cleaner would, too, but it doesn't! My brushes still smell like the liquid, so if the smell bothers you, I would stray away from using this. 


Here's a before and after of my Real Techniques Shader Brush. I sprayed the brush hairs with a few spritzes of the cleaner and wiped the bristles on a piece of paper towel. You can see that a lot of the eyeshadow came off easily with a few swipes, and the tip of the bristles are almost pure white again. I'm impressed!


Of course, I had to test the product out on a tougher client: my Avon Concealer Brush. This brush is always one of my dirtiest, and you can visibly see the difference after using the cleaner! A ton of product came off on the towel, which is just fantastic. Of course, Daily Brush Cleaner is only for everyday use and you should always deep clean your brushes every week or so (like I'm going to do within the next day or so!).


All in all,  I think this is a fantastic product. It retails for $3 and is available wherever Elf Studio products are sold (Target, the Christmas Tree Shoppe, and more recently I've seen the brand pop up in CVS, and of course online). If you're in the market for a daily brush cleanser and don't feel like shelling out a ton of cash, I would highly recommend giving this one a shot. 

What's your favorite brush cleaning method?
      


No comments:

Post a Comment