Monday, December 7, 2015

NOTD: Essie Toggle to the Top -Blogmas Day 7-

In a haul post from over the summer, I mentioned picking this color up (along with two other Essie hues) and saving it for the Wintertime. Toggle to the Top is an epitome of a "Christmas nail polish:" it's red and sparkly and just gorgeous.


The color itself is a deep, sultry red that I would say is almost at a burgendy, but not quite there yet. It has small, brighter red glitter in it that is prominent yet does not stand out too much. It almost reminds me of twinkling red Christmas lights! Overall, the color is not only perfect for the season, but good throughout the rest of the year, too. It;'s classy yet fun and simply just looks pretty on the nails.


Essie polishes are some of my absolute favorites and this formulation certainly does not disappoint. It's smooth and opaque and looks the same on the nails as it does in the bottle. I applied two coats and didn't feel like I needed a third, which is plus! That being said, I definitely don't think you could do with just one. I didn't find the polish to be particularly difficult to apply, however, I wouldn't say it was a "throw on and run out the door" color either--as a fairly good, but not the best, self polish applier, I would prefer to sit down and take applying this one.


All in all, I love this color! It's definitely getting me in the Christmas spirit and it's lovely to look at. If you're in the market for a fun color for this season, I highly recommend this one. As with most Essie polishes, this retails for roughly $8.50 (based on Ulta.com!). Because this is from the Winter 2013 collection, I don't think you can walk into the drugstore and find it easily. However, I've purchased quite a few Essie and OPI polishes from sellers on Amazon (not through Amazon's warehouses, from independent sellers) and they're much more affordable and are totally legitimate! 

What's your favorite nail polish color right now?
      

*I would like to say a quick happy 84th birthday to my beautiful grandmother, Rose, up in Heaven!* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment