Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Makeup Collection: Palettes -Blogmas Day 8-

Back in April, I did an overview post of my makeup collection and storage where I said I would do some follow up posts with a more in-depth look at different sections of my collection. Well, better late than never, right? Today I am going to kickstart that series by sharing my palette collection.


For the purpose of this post, I am only going to include larger palettes and save my trios and quads for a post on my eyeshadows. Because I don't have a huge space to store them, I try not to buy too many, but the ones I have, I absolutely love!





First and foremost, I have to talk about my Naked Palettes. These things are so popular that Urban Decay now has a whole Naked Line, including foundation, lip glosses, and more. I have the original Naked, Naked 3, and both Naked Basics and Naked Basis 2, which I alternate using on a daily basis. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Naked 3, as I don't think it really suits me, so I'm pining after Naked 2 and Naked Smokey, which I think will suit me much better. There's the Naked On the Run, one of my newest additions, that's a gorgeous travel set. Also from Urban Decay, I have the Ammo Palette, which is just a compact, 10 shadow palette with some brighter, less neutral colors, that are just as gorgeous.

One of my favorite palettes ever is Stila's In the Light. I won't talk about it too much, but it's just the perfect variety of colors for me and the formulations are just beautiful. There's the Sephora Spring in Soho palette, a combination of shadows, a blush, and some lip gloss that, to be honest, I haven't gotten that much use out of. And an old favorite, the Bobbi Brown Mauve Palette that has three shadows, a blush, and three glosses (the blush in this is amazing!).

I have some blush palettes: my favorite which is the Benefit Sweet Shoppe blush palette, which is from the holiday collection last year. It has six of the brand's boxed powders (Hoola, Cooralista, Bella Bomba, Sugarbomb, Dandelion, and Rockateur) and the Watt's Up! highlighter. I also have the Sephora Beauty of Giving Back palette, which has a variety of powder and cream blushes, a shimmery highlight, and a gradient powder bronzer. I love my two Elf Studio blush quads, each with a different selection of blushes (one light, one dark) and my City Color blush quad, which is essentially very similar to the Elf one. And of course, Urban Decay Naked on the Run, a pretty trio with a blush, highlight, and bronzer that I have to start using more.


And finally, I have three smaller, travel friendly shadow palettes that are perfect for a getaway: The MAC Cinderella palette, the Avon 8-in-1 Neutral Shadow Palette, and Wet n' Wild Comfort Zone, my newest addition. These are all super compact yet totally gorgeous!

What's your favorite palette?
      


No comments:

Post a Comment