Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Top Two: Red Lipsticks for the Holidays -Blogmas Day 9-

This is a very specific Top Two, because I'm going to focus on "Holiday red" lipsticks. To me, the perfect red lip for this time of the year is a bright, true red that stands out and matches all of your Christmas decor!


My two picks are both very similar: they're bright, they're creamy, and they're totally fun. For my drugstore pick, I have CoverGirl's Hot Passion, and my high end is Urban Decay's Ms. Mia Wallace.


It seemed as though the entire population of beauty lovers was wearing CoverGirl Hot Passion a few years ago after Taylor Swift announced that it was one of her go-to red lip colors. If it's go enough for T-Swift, it's good enough for everyone, right? Absolutely. The color is the definition of a "fire engine red." The formulation is long lasting and stays pretty well, and I don't even wear a liner underneath! The shade has a bit of a glossy sheen, which I totally love, that just prevents it from being too matte. However, most of the time I do dab a little Vaseline over my lip colors anyway, just to keep my lips hydrated. 

 

I randomly decided to try out one of the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction lipsticks a while ago and I am certainly glad that I did. The packaging, first off, is gorgeous: sleek, black, and metal, and it just look chic and modern. The color itself is a shade darker than the CoverGirl one, which I find suits me a little better, but I like both for different things. Like the CoverGirl lipsticks, this formulation is creamy and smooth and stays on fairly well (as well as you could hope while eating and drinking and wearing a red lip, anyways). It has almost a satin finish, which I adore. 

Top: Urban Decay Ms. Mia Wallace
Bottom: CoverGirl Hot Passion


 CoverGirl lipsticks retail for $5-7, depending on where you shop, and Urban Decay lipsticks retail for $22, and you can get these wherever the respective brands are sold! I highly recommend both, but if I had to pick just one, I honestly can't! Both of them are great for different things, and the formulations are very similar. I guess it depends on your budget and brand preference for this one. 

Which would you pick?
      




No comments:

Post a Comment