Monday, July 13, 2015

Collective Haul: Beauty, Travel, & Accessories

It's been a while since I've had a huge shopping day (and by a while, I mean since May), which usually results in my compulsive shopping desire to go off. Combine that with the pretty amazing sales that have been going on lately and you get a haul! I'm also leaving for vacation on Monday the 13th (the day I'm posting this!) so it's always easy to justify buying new things right before traveling.


I threw all of my purchases into one bag, but as you can see it's a little bit of everything (sans clothing, because I really don't need any more clothes right now): some makeup, skin care, body products, travel, and some accessories.


Seriously, can anyone resist the Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual sale?! First up, the Gentle Foaming Hand Soap in Island White Pineapple. These hand soaps are my absolute favorite and whenever I find them on sale I pick one up. I also bought Watermelon Lemonade Wallflower Refills. As you can see, one is already in my plug in and I love the scent. It's fresh and fruity and sweet and just perfect for summer. And lastly, I got one a Creamy Almond and Sunflower Shower Gel, which is part of their new summer line. This just seemed like a good fit for me: I love almond, I love sunflowers, and I love B&BW shower gels.


There's a discount store in the same shopping center as my hair salon and my favorite nail place, so my mom and I popped in after our manicure date and I (of course) stumbled into the beauty isle. I picked up a pack of penguin nail buffers from Revlon for $2 because not only are they adorable, but my nail cube is completely destroyed. But I was way more excited to find Essie polishes (my favorite!) for three dollars a piece. They only had four colors and one I have, but I picked up the other three: Toggle to the Top (sparkly red), Parka Perfect (gray-blue), and Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low (micro-shimmer silver). These are obviously winter colors, but I don't mind saving them for the cooler months.



I lumped together my purchases from my local grocery store and The Christmas Tree Shoppe. I picked up some Simple products from my grocery store: my favorite face wash, the Moisturizing Facial Wash which I use every single day in the morning and at night. And because I am traveling and needed these products anyway, I picked up the Face Care Starter Kit, which includes a travel size of the same face wash, the Cleansing Facial Wipes, and the Replenishing Rich Moisturizer. I've never tried the moisturizer, but the brand is my favorite for drugstore skincare, and this kit was only $4.99. From The Christmas Tree Shoppe, I needed a Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara, which I use as brow gel, but I also grabbed a CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in Berry Twist on sale. I love these pencils and the color is a pretty, sheer berry that will be great all year 'round. The last thing I wanted is kind of random, but I need it for travel: a set of two toothbrush covers from a generic brand. 


Years ago, I went through a phase where I collected Wayfayer sunglasses and had a pair in every color. A few weeks ago I ditched most of my collection (I never wore them) and decided to upgrade to some classier styles. I picked up two pairs in Kohl's: a clearance pair of rose gold aviators that have no indication of a brand and a black and white thick-framed pair from Dana Buchman that I think are so pretty and chic. 


And lastly, my favorite recent purchase. I found myself in Calvin Klein and laid my eyes on the Scarlett Flap Date Bag in Ice Gray and could not leave the store without it. It's the most gorgeously simple crossbody bag I've ever seen, and I especially love the silver hardware, which is my preference. I will definitely use the heck out of this bag. And best of all? I paid under $30 for it between the sales and an associate discount! 

Have you been shopping the recent sales?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment