Thursday, May 21, 2015

Beauty Boxes: May 2015

I'll admit it, this post almost didn't make it. When one of my subscriptions comes far after the other, I usually get tempted to just rip open the box and then the products get lost in the abyss of my stash long before I can snap a few photos.


May is typically the month where companies break out the warmer weather products. Because I haven't really tried many new products lately, I was extra excited to see what I received for May.


As always, I'll start with Birchbox. They collaborated with blogger Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere this month and the result is this fun and sunny yellow geometric box. Birchbox has been killing it with their box designs lately which I think is great!


This month in my box:
  • CoTZ Flawless Complession SPF 50 (full size, $20)
  • LA FRESH Travel Lite Antiperspirant Wipes for Women (full size, $2.49)
  • Mally Evercolor Waterproof Automatic Eyeliner (full size, $18)
  • Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel (full size, $48)
  • PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing Sea Salt Spray (full size, $24
A fairly solid month for Birchbox, if I do say so myself. I'm far more impressed than I was with last month's box. Not only are there no perfume samples, there's no foil packets, and all of the samples are great sizes! The selection is very eclectic, too, which I like (because who wants all of the sametype of product in one box? I'm particularly excited about...well, everything really. I guess I'm least excited for the facial peel because that kind of thing freaks me out a little, but everything else is great.


The bag itself for Ispy isn't my favorite. I kinda of wish that they would play around with the physical shape of the bag every now and then because I'm getting a tad bored of the same square shape every month.



This month in my bag: 
  • Urban Decay Ozone 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil + Revolution High-Color Lip Glosses
  • Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Summertime
  • Bellapierre Gel Eye Liner
  • Peter Lamas Detoxifying Citrus C Facial Cleanser 
  • Caviar CC Cream 10 in 1 Complete Correction Leave-In Hair Perfecter 
As always, Ipsy, you put up a great fight. I'm very excited about the lip pencil and the liner--after just a quick swatch of my hand, I already know it's going to be luxurious. The diversity of this month's selection is okay: three cosmetic items, a piece of skincare, and a hair product. It could have been better, especially knowing that Ipsy tends to give full-sized nail polishes and amazing perfume samples. But all in all, I'm very pleased!

Birchbox value: $30.80
Ipsy value: $42.00

What was your favorite subscription service grab this month?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment