Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Beauty Boxes: April 2015

I haven't done one of these posts in a while, which is primarily because my Birchbox and Ipsy have been coming so far apart that I don't like waiting to tear into whichever one comes first (it's usually Birchbox). This month, however, I was a good girl, and was able to snap a few photos before digging in to my goodies.


Birchbox's box was designed by Rifle Paper Co and it's this adorable floral print that is perfect for Spring. Ipsy's straw bag weaved with rainbow straw is more on the summery side in my opinion, but I still love it. This is most definitely one of my favorite bags to date. 




This month in my Birchbox:
  • Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Moisturizing Shampoo (full size, $15)
  • Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Repairing Conditioner (full size, $16)
  • Jouer Tint in Petal (full size, $22)
  • WEI Manuka Bee Venom Mask (Set of eight, $60)
  • Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream - Blueberry (full size, $20)
Alright, I'll be completely honest: while this most definitely isn't my least favorite box I've gotten, it certainly is my favorite. I am so tired of getting shampoo and conditioner in my box. I think I have gotten shampoo and conditioner in almost every single box I have gotten in the past year. The face mask is something different and exciting, the Jouer tint is nice, and the shaving cream is okay. All of the sizes are great, but the products just lack something for me this month. But, on the bright size, no perfume samples!



This month in my Ipsy: 
  • Hikari Cosmetics Blush in Tango
  • Lather Ultra Light Face Lotion
  • theBalm Cosmetics Nude Dude Single in Flirty
  • MicaBeauty Eye Primer
  • Mullein and Sparrow Mini Lip & Cheek Tint
I'm much happier with my Ipsy, but only because I am so excited about the blush (I mean, how perfect is that color for the warm weather?) and the lip balm. I'll definitely use the primer, but it wouldn't be my first pick, the lotion is good for traveling, and I'm a fan of theBalm as a brand, so I'm excited about the shadow! My only thing is that Ipsy really seems to lack diversity. Throw in a hair product or a nail polish and this would be awesome! It's not all about the makeup, ya know?

What did you get in your boxes this month?
      



No comments:

Post a Comment