Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Travel Diaries: How I Pack for Vacation - Apparel

Over the years, I've grown to be pretty solid at packing a suitcase. I really put in a conservative effort to bring just enough for each day plus an extra or two, because you seriously can never be too prepared. I'm currently away at my family's favorite resort (where I've been going at least once a year since I was six weeks old...and lately more like twice a year!) but before I left I snapped some photos of my packing process. So today, I'll go over my clothes and accessories and tomorrow will be beauty.


Here's what everything looks like folded in my suitcase! My shoes are packed separately--my mom and I used a different bag for them as to not waste the space, but don't worry: I'm probably going to do a post with all of my Outfit of the Nights so you'll see my shoes there. The resort I'm at requests business-casual at night for dinner and the entertainment, so I need two outfits per day: a casual day look and then a dressier nighttime one. I find packing in outfits to be so much easier, as you know the pieces you're taking are cohesive and it's harder to overpack. 

Top: Cotton On
Shorts: The Gap
Sneakers: Target
Bracelets: Alex & Ani / Lokai
This is one of the outfits I planned out for the daytime, specifically (I think) what I'm going to wear to travel/on the first day. I love colored shorts and paired with the casual tee (that says Fate Loves the Fearless) I think it makes a great daytime look. I wear the heck out of these sneakers--they add a little something and are so comfy. 

Shirt: Van Heusen
Shorts: Kohl's
Sneakers: Forever 21
Necklace: American Eagle
If you can't tell, I tend to stick to the same idea with casual outfits, especially when I'm going to be walking around doing activities. The Van Heusen top is structured and looks a little more polished, which I like because I can dress it up or down. Paired with the shorts, the sneakers, and the mixed medal necklace, I think I'll be wearing this outfit combination again!

Dress: Cotton On
Denim Vest: Target
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: Icing
Bracelets: Jewelmint / Gift
This is an example of something I'd wear to dinner. Cotton On dresses are my absolute favorite, and I like the casual/quirky feel of the shooting star print. I love my denim vest (something I featured in my Spring Currently Craving post that I actually bought) and think it helps break up the pattern and add another depth. Paired with red flats, a red statement necklace, and some bracelets to match, I'm very excited to wear this. 

Top: Old Navy
Skirt: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Sandals: JustFab
Necklace: The Gap
Bracelets: Forever 21
Yet another nighttime ensemble I'm excited to wear! This skirt is one of my favorite pieces in my closet. I scored it on clearance at the end of the season last year and have been waiting since August to finally be able to wear it. I plan on wearing it with this black cotton top--you can't tell, but the shoulders have lace detail on them that is gorgeous--and my favorite strappy sandals for a more beach-y feel. 


Aside from outfits, one thing I've recently started doing is packing all of my undergarments (do I sound like a grandma yet?) in a separate bag so they stay together and are easy to find. This is a tote that I got for free at BookCon and it's holding my underwear, socks, and bras--you can see my sports bras and purple lace bralette at the top along with some socks. 


And lastly...jewelry! I travel with jewelry packed away in boxes and pouches in order to best organize and protect all of my pieces. I usually stow them away in a Birchbox and then use that to organize when I unpack in my room upon arrival. This time around, I brought my Alex & Ani bracelets in their box, all of my earrings and rings in another box, and then the pouches hold my necklaces, watches, and other bracelets. 

What's your best packing tip?
      


No comments:

Post a Comment