Monday, July 27, 2015

Reviewed: Elf Lip Exfoliator

This is one of those products that I've had for a while and that just sat in my stash, forgotten. I recently pulled it out and packed it for my recent travels and have been using it ever since. Elf products are always a no brainer to try: they're inexpensive and get better and better with each new release.


I love the Lush Lip Scrubs which is why I wanted to try this. The Lush ones aren't that expensive (about $10) but finding cheaper and more accessible alternatives is always a good idea. 


Elf chose to package this in a lipstick tube, which I actually really like. It makes it easy to use (no mess and dirty fingers being stuck in a jar) and surprisingly works with the texture of the product. Aside from the bullet, the packaging is matte black and sleek, very NARS-esque--a norm for the Elf Studio line.


The actual formula is a lot less abrasive than I expected. The sugar particles are tiny and softer than the Lush version, making it smoother and softer on your lips as opposed to a serious exfoliation. Because of this, I wouldn't dub it as a complete dupe, but it's definitely a good option for those with more sensitive skin. I would say that it is good for the morning right before applying your makeup, as it won't dry out your lips as much. This also has a very faint vanilla scent, just subtle enough that you can smell it as you apply it, but unlike the Lush alternative, it has to be wiped off as opposed to licked off. 

This product retails for $3 and can be found wherever Elf Studio products are sold (think mainly Target and online). If you're in the market for a light, everyday lip exfoliator, give this a whirl! However, if your lips need some serious love, you might want to go for something a little more abrasive.

Do you exfoliate your lips?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment