Monday, March 2, 2015

February Favorites 2015

Being the shortest month of the year, February always goes quickly. But I just can't wrap my head around the fact that it's March. I feel like if I nap for too long I'll wake up in next year.

I've been trying a ton of new products this year and I'm so excited to share my favorites! Every year I go on an annual mall crawl with my mom and some friends of ours, and while I'm trying really hard to better my diet, I indulged in a burger from Bobby's Burger Palace: the Dallas burger (crunchified, of course!) to be specific.


Skincare/Body Products:

  • Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water: I mentioned wanting this in my most recent Currently Craving post and I took the plunge and ordered it online. My God, this is amazing. It is my favorite thing to remove makeup and everything about it from the packaging to the smell is perfect in my opinion. I only repurchase luxury skincare if it's holy grail, and this is something I will repurchase forever--and it's not that bad at $20.
  • Lush Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask: There's no way I walk into a Lush store and come out without one of their fresh face masks. It took a lot to stray away from my beloved Cupcake mask, but boy am I glad that I did. I'm all about masks that dig deep down into pores to remove all of the gunk, and this does exactly that--and it's exfoliating, too! Just do not try this if your skin is sensitive; it will most likely irritate your face.
  • The Body Shop Olive Cream Body Scrub: I tried the cocoa butter version of this a few months ago and loved it, but wanted to try out a different scent. Olive doesn't really smell like olives to me, or even like olive oil. It's just neutral and fresh and I love using this before I shave my body. 
Makeup

  • Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray:I never believed in setting sprays until I got a sample of this. Not only do I find it effective for improving the wear of my makeup, but it's just really refreshing to spray on in the morning. I spritz this twice (in an X motion) before I put anything on and then once after I apply my base makeup.
  • Elf Studio HD Mattifying Cream Foundation: Speaking of base makeup, I can't believe the level of love I have for this. Not only is the color--I wear sand--a perfect match for me, but the formulation is way too good to retail only for $6. It's smooth and slightly moisturizing and has a solid medium coverage. 
  • Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop: Overall, I find Clinique to be an underrated brand. Their skincare is far superior than their other lines, but for the most part, their makeup is up to par! This blush is absolutely gorgeous in every way. I would describe the color as a perfect flush--just pink enough and just peachy/dark enough to be natural. 
  • MAC Paint Pot in Painterly: I can't imagine how someone could not like this. For school, I don't wear much eye makeup, but I like this to even out the my lids and control oil (because for some reason, my skin is dry but my eyelids are oily?). 
  • Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: I'm pretty sure this wasn't even released until the past week or so, but I received a deluxe sample of this with a Sephora order earlier in the month. I never believed in high end mascaras, but this might be what turns me: it's natural, lengthening, and defining, and best of all? It doesn't clump *swoons*
Fashion

  • Lokai bracelet: I'll be the first to admit that I love things like this. These bracelets symbolize balance--staying humble at your greatest moments and staying hopeful in your weakest--and I just find it very inspiring. I wanted one for months before taking the plunge and ordering online and I've been wearing it almost every day. 
  • Gold Avon ring: I have a love/hate relationship with rings but for some reason I've been wearing this one every time I've worn gold jewelry this past month. It's simple enough to be dainty and pretty but just different enough to stand out. 
Random
  • Ebates: If you're an online shoppaholic, you need to sign up for Ebates. Affiliating with over 1800 stores, if you shop through the site, you get anywhere from 1.5%+ cash back on your purchase. After a few months, the site collects up all that you've spent in the earning period, and sends you a check. Shopping with a reward? Yes, please! ;) 
  • Erin Condren Life Planner: If anyone ever took this from me, I'd be lost. I lusted after one of these planners for months before my mom bought me one for Christmas, and I will never go another year without one. They are the best every day planner on the market and I recommend the company to everyone. 
  • The Vampire Diaries: Yeah, yeah, I'm late to the party. I'm definitely Team Harry Potter, but for whatever reason, this is the only vampire "trend" I've grown to like. I'm only on early season two, so please, no spoilers!
  • The Sims 3: I'm a huge Sims girl, but when the third one came out, I didn't think I would like it. Within the past few months, EA released The Sims 4, meaning that The Sims 3 went down in price, so I took the plunge and bought it. And wow, I'll never go back. It took a few days to get used to, but I really like it. It's been almost exactly a month, but I've already acquired five expansion packs (bought in bundles, of course) and love playing!

I hope everyone had a great February and has an even better March!
      


Ebates: www.ebates.com
My Ebates referral link: www.ebates.com/Alyssa *

*As usual, I am no way affiliated with any company
I talk about! If you want to sign up for Ebates, you
can click my link or the direct link, either will work
the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment