Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Tiny Treasures: MAC Cinderella Collection

It's not often that I count down the days until a beauty launch, but a line that combines makeup and Disney is just so me that I was searching for pre-launch swatches weeks before the release date. The collection released on Thursday (February 26th) at 9am, and by 9:05 my cart was full and I was checking out. Which is good, because by 9:15 almost everything was sold out.


Because I was anticipating this release, I set aside some money from each of my paychecks towards some products. I ended up picking out four: the shadow palette, the iridescent powder, one of the lipsticks, and one of the lip glasses. 


The line is packaged in reflective, light, lavender-blue casing that is naturally very similar to the color of Cinderella's ball gown. Everything about it, from the color to the logo, is absolutely gorgeous. These are the kinds of products that will make me smile when I reach for them. 


I never buy pre-made MAC shadow palettes, but this is the best one I think I've ever seen. It includes: Vapour (V), Phloof (F), Omega (M), Quarry (M), Satin Taupe (F), and Stroke of Midnight (V). If this was permanent, I could use it every day for the rest of my life. It's that impressive.


This is something that I would have never gravitated towards. It's the Iridescent Powder in Coupe D' Chic and I'll probably only ever use it as a highlighter, but it looks really gorgeous! All of this stuff came in the mail hours before I'm typing this, so I haven't tested them out yet. 


I'll admit, I wanted the other lipstick from the collection, but ended up with Free as a Butterfly, which is a pretty golden nude. The luster lipsticks have a nice sheen, so I think this is going to be a pretty, natural every day color. 


I did manage to snag my first choice lip glass though, which was Happily Ever After. Like the lipstick, it's very natural, but has some blue shimmer that I think will add just a little glam while also making my teeth look whiter. I don't wear gloss on a regular basis, but I'm excited to break this one out, especially as the weather warms up. 

This collection is basically wiped out online, but it launches in stores on March 5th! Because all MAC products tend to be the same in quality, I probably won't do reviews on all of the products, but stayed tuned for some makeup looks including them (because I'm already planning one out! ;)

Who is your favorite Disney princess?
     




No comments:

Post a Comment