Monday, April 13, 2015

Reviewed: The Body Shop Banana Shampoo + Conditioner

Over the past few months I've grown quite attached to The Body Shop, so much so that I broke my rule of never straying from drugstore hair products. While the price per bottle isn't astronomical, it's still double of what I'd pay for both if I had just stuck to my trusty Garnier duo. But the combination of trust in the brand and a buy-two-get-one-free sale resulted in me not being able to resist. And come on, how often do you see banana scented shampoo and conditioner?


My hair is fairly dry, and I have a bit of a struggle with dandruff. I've been using these products for a few weeks now, washing my hair about three times a week and using a detangler before I come it out (I use the It's A 10 one). This works beautifully for me: it leaves my hair not only soft but squeaky clean, and the smell isn't at all overwhelming after washing. The conditioner in particular really impresses me because it seems to really nourish my scalp, which is obviously such a plus in my book.


 

I don't use a lot of either product, but keep in mind my hair is fairly short (just to my shoulders) but even with long hair I don't think you would need too much! I use a bit more than a dime-sized amount, which lasts for my scalp and my ends. This lathers well, so it really extends how much you get out of each drop.


The Body Shop Banana Shampoo + Conditioner retail for $8 a piece (each bottle is 8.4 US fl/oz) and are available at The Body Shop stores or online. If you're in the market for a new hair care regime, I would give this a go! I think it would work for all hair types because while the shampoo is cleaning and the conditioner nourishing, they do not strip your hair or overweigh it with moisture, making a good overall balance.

Would I repurchase this? Yes, but I would never go out of my way to buy it. It's great and when I find myself in The Body Shop down the line, I'll toss it in my basket, but until then I'll stick with my drugstore!

       


No comments:

Post a Comment