Saturday, July 26, 2014

Lush Lust: Cupcake

Face masks are one of my beauty routine guilty pleasures. After a long day, I just love to take a long shower, put on a face mask, and curl up with some Netflix. Aside for relaxation purposes, I tend to rely on face masks to calm my temperamental skin (think a permanent blackhead problem plus occasional breakouts, especially during That Time of the Month), so I'm always looking out for new and great ones. One of my favorites comes from Lush, and it is the ultimate treat for my skin: Cupcake.



If you don't already know, Lush is a handmade cosmetic company that specializes in super luxurious, all-natural body and skincare products. Every time I walk into the store, I become a little bit more of a Lushie, and one of my favorite things they do are their Fresh Face Masks. They're all (obviously) freshly made and last about a month (28 days, I believe, is the approximate time frame). Each one targets something different, but my favorite so far is Cupcake. Lush describes this mask as "Chocolate heaven for oily skin. Cupcake calms with cocoa powder and softens with balancing spearmint and sandalwood oils.


The first thing that I can think of when describing this chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. It literally smells like chocolate cupcake batter, so if you think that might bother you, I would choose something different. Personally, I happen to love it. The consistency is a bit on the thicker size, and it's smoother than some of the other Lush face masks. After I use it (and when I have this, I use it about 2-3 times a week so I can use it all up before it expires), it calms any breakouts on my face significantly overnight. Lately, I've been breaking out really badly, and this has helped reduce it like nothing else. I should also note, that my skin is not oily. I would say I have dry, acne-prone skin, and this works great for me! It doesn't dry out my skin further, so don't be afraid to give it a whirl if your skin isn't oily, either.


While using this today, I snapped a quick selfie so you can see how it looks on the skin. The directions say to avoid the eye area, but I did use this everywhere else, leaving it on for about 10 minutes (it says 5-10, and I found it was closer to 10 before the mask dried on my face). It's comfortable to wear, and doesn't crack or make it so you can't talk or move any face muscles, which I really appreciate! 

Lush's Fresh Face Masks retail for $6.95 each, and are available in stores only (they can't ship them for online orders, because they're fresh and need to be refrigerated). Bonus, if you collect 5 empty black pots and bring them back to a Lush store, you get a Fresh Face Mask for free!

What's your favorite Lush product?
Alyssa



No comments:

Post a Comment