Saturday, July 26, 2014

Polished: My Current Favorite Nail Polishes

Almost all of the time, I paint my own nails. While it's nice to pamper yourself with a manicure, I prefer to just invest in a good bottle of polish, do the work myself, and then have the color forever for touch-ups and future manicure jobs. That being said, it's sort of obvious that I have a very large collection, and today, I'm going to share six of my current favorites.



I'm definitely someone who's open to trying different formulations and brands, and at the moment, I'm liking a pretty diverse collection!


  • Essie Fiji: Clean, light pink nails are a staple. I love the look, and Fiji is my favorite polish to get it. It's a semi-sheer, creamy baby pink polish that when applied just looks so feminine and pretty. Essie is my favorite nail polish brand, and this particular color certainly doesn't disappoint. 
  • COVERGIRL Peaches and Cream: Peachy-pinks are perfect for Spring and Summer, and I've been loving this one. This Outlast Stay Brilliant line from COVERGIRL has been proving to be pretty good, and for the price, I'm pretty smitten.

  • POPBeauty Mint Magic: Ah, mint green. This hue has definitely risen in popularity in the past few years, and my favorite polish to sport the trend is this one from POP. It's bright, it has a very subtle shimmer, and it applies like a dream. I haven't tried many polishes from POP (just this one and a neon pink), but if this is an example of their overall formulation, I'm a fan.
  • China Glaze Secret Periwinkle: This is my favorite all-year-round polish. It's a gorgeous creamy periwinkle, but it's subtle and just deep enough to be suitable for Fall and Winter, but pastel enough for Spring and Summer. Plus, it's almost entirely opaque in just one coat.


  • OPI Pros and Bronze: Meet one of my favorite polishes of all time. This was limited edition in the Serena Williams Glam Slam! Duo back in Fall 2011, but my trick to finding older, limited edition polishes is looking in beauty supply stores, and definitely online on places like Amazon.com. Pros and Bronze is a duo-chrome, foiled, glittery bronzey rose gold polish that is complexly beautiful and unique. Sure, it's more of a Fall color, but hey, it's an all-time favorite, which means it's acceptable any day of the year. 
  • butterLONDON Knackered: I can never justify buying butterLONDON polishes. At $14 a pop, I just have a hard time purchasing one when I know that I can get formulations I love with similar colors from brands like Essie, OPI, China Glaze, Zoya, Orly...you get the point. But I did really want to try out the formula, so I picked a color I couldn't find a dupe for: Knackered. It's coming up very purple on camera, but it's a purple, green, blue, and gray duo-chrome with rainbow, holographic micro-glitter. It applies amazingly well, and is one of those polishes that when I'm wearing it, I can't stop looking at my nails. 
What's your favorite nail polish brand?
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment