Thursday, September 3, 2015

August Favorites 2015

August has seriously been the busiest summer month I've had in a very long time. Between vacationing for eleven days in Disney, working, and trying to get ready to start school again next week, it was very hectic. I have a bunch of things that I have been loving lately so let's just jump into it!


As I spent a big chunk of my month in the happiest place on Earth, it felt fitting to share a picture of my Magic Band. Since Stitch is one of my all-time favorite Disney characters, I bought his slider to match my blue band. I think it looks so cute and I got a bunch of compliments on it!


Skincare, Hair Care, & Body Products
  • Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer: I very rarely get sunburned (knock on wood) but I did want to protect my skin from the strong Florida sun. I have dry skin so I ended up layering this with my Nivea Soft, but it was light and smooth and it's SPF 15 really did protect my face.
  • Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick: This was a recommendation from my mom and it's an amazing multi-use product. I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter to lighten up some scars on my legs from cuts (I'm extremely clumsy) but this stick also was amazing for my lips. 
  • The Body Shop Mango Body Butter: This line of body butters is nothing new to me, but I took this travel size of the mango version with my on my trip and I fell for the scent. This one and the strawberry one are definitely my two favorites!
  • Lo'real Elnett Satin Hairspray: In an effort to use up my product samples, I pulled this out when I used up my Garnier one. I don't really have much to say about it aside from the fact that it is light and flexible, which I love.
Makeup
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette: I haven't been wearing too much eyeshadow this month, but when I have, Ive been reaching for this palette. A definitely "oldie-but-goodie" product, I paired with with black liquid liner and a more dramatic mascara for a fun yet simple look. 
  • Elf Baked Highlighter in Blush Gems: Ugh, this is definitely one of my favorite products from Elf. It's a gorgeous, pink tone highlight that is amazing on the tops of my cheekbones to add a subtle and pretty shine. I definitely want to check out the other colors of this!
  • Jouer Lip Gloss in Wind: I cashed in some Birchbox points for this little guy (little girl?) about a month ago and I could not be happier. The color is the exact color of my lips, making it my perfect nude shade. Not to mention the formulation is creamy, moisturizing and completely smooth--not even a smidge sticky. I'm in love.
  • Nicole by OPI Challenge Red-y: I borrowed this from my mom to wear on vacation (I gave it back, I promise) and I can't believe I don't own a color like this. It's a neutral, creamy red that is so pretty. In terms of application and wear, it's gorgeous. 
Fashion
  • Old Navy Red Soft Short: I picked these up in their end-of-summer sale online and they were a bargain. They are high waisted, fabric shorts with an elastic band and a tied waist. They are super comfortable and just great for everyday wear. 
  • Dooney abd Bourke for Disney Sketch Print Bag: You may recognize this beauty from my Winter Currently Craving post and I was so fortunate to receive it as a gift from my cousin who works for Disney. This bag is everything I hoped it would be and more. I used it every single day in Disney and it is my new favorite bag.
  • Dana Buchman Sunglasses: I hauled these back in July and I wore the heck out of them this month. They're black and white plastic frames that I found go with everything and are just easy to throw in my handbag. 
Random
  • Coloring: I posted this picture on Facebook of me and my mom coloring some printouts and there were a ton of comments saying that everyone also uses coloring to relax and de-stress. Apparently, adult coloring books are some of the most popular on Amazon as well. I colored this picture of Stitch and hung it up on the fridge for all to see ;)
  • HGTV: This past month I've gotten really into this network, specifically House Hunters and Flip or Flop. I like home design and find the shows entertaining.
  • 13 Going on 30: I can't believe I forgot how great this movie is. It's such a feel good romantic comedy that I just love watching.
  • Panda Umbrella: While in Disney, I bought the cutest panda umbrella in Epcot's China Pavilion. I didn't include a picture because I plan on doing a whole rainy day outfit post the next time the sky opens up. But I used it every day on vacation after I bought it and plan on bringing her out every chance I get. 
What have you been loving lately?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment