Tuesday, December 1, 2015

November Favorites 2015 + Welcome to Blogmas!

I love the holidays, so November and December are two of my favorite months of the year. Between school and work, I've clearly let blogging take a back seat, which I hate. I'm hoping that setting a goal to complete Blogmas (blogging every day from December first until Christmas) will keep me motivated and on track to get back on track with posting. And for my first post, I have to share my of my latest favorites--being MIA for so long, I definitely have accumulated some awesome new stuff!


This is just a quick photo I snapped for Facebook (and okay, this is actually from October...sorry!) but it really showcases my weekends lately: lots of homework and lots of relaxing in bed.


Skincare & Body Products
  • St. Ive's Green Tea Blackhead Clearing Scrub: St. Ives is actually one of my favorite drugstore brands and this product is no exception. I use it every night before I use my Simple one and while I'm not totally sure if I see great results with the blackhead clearing aspects, it definitely helps reduce my slight redness and makes my face feels smooth and clean. 
  • Balance Me Extra Care Wonder Eye Cream: This came to me in some sample beauty bag  and I finally pulled it out in an attempt to use up my product samples. As far as eye creams go, this one is a pretty great basic one: it moisturizes well and feels great on my skin, which is all I really care about these days. 
  • First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: Sadly enough, this product sat in my stash for almost a full year (I got it Black Friday 2014) before I finally pulled it out. My hands are extremely dry, and I use this cream every day after I shower to help them regain their moisture. 
  • Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream: I love this product. I discovered it randomly years ago and just pulled it back out and am so happy I did. It's a hard salve that I rub into my cuticles to moisturize them and it works wonders. 
Makeup
  • Wet n' Wild Comfort Zone Palette: Yet another blogger holy grail that I'm late to the party on. My eyes are light brown with a hazel edge, and I love wearing green eye products to bring out the slight green in my eyes. I love Wet n' Wild shadows (their Walking on Eggshells trio is a staple in my collection) and this palette is quickly becoming an all-time favorite. 
  • Elf Cover Everything Concealer: Elf products are vastly underrated in my opinion and this concealer (I wear the color tan) is a hidden drugstore gem. It's creamy and has decent coverage--I use it around my nose and on blemishes.

Nail Polishes
  • Essie "Parka Perfect": I mentioned in a collective hall post back in July that I was saving some Essie hues for the colder seasons and I'm so glad that I finally got to pull this shade out. It's a gorgeous gray-blue with the slightest silver shimmer that looks incredible on the nails and is easy to apply. 
  • CoverGirl "Red Revenge": This is actually part of the brand's Star Wars collection (a post on that coming soon!) and I fell in love. I never actually owned a creamy red polish and this one is great. Not to mention that it's great for Christmastime, which happens to be around the time that the new movie is coming out. ;) 
Fashion
  • Icing silver bangle + Dogeared heart bangle: I've been wearing these two bracelets quite a bit the past month or so (together and separately) and just love them. The Dogeared one is a simple gold bangle with a tiny heart and the Icing one says "Always remember that you are braver than you believe." I'm kind of in a jewelry rut and wearing the same things over and over, but it's okay because these bracelets make me super happy. 
  • Stud Earrings: Like I said, I'm in a jewelry rut, so I'm trying to switch things up and get back into earrings. I've been gradually getting back into my studs, and these simple gold balls--actually the very earrings my mom wore when she first got hers pierced!--are simple and pretty. 
  • Tommy Hilfiger jacket: I got this on an amazing sale a few weeks ago and have worn it almost every time I've gotten the chance. It's cute and simple and a staple piece to have in my wardrobe and I just love it. 
  • Boot socks: I haven't actually worn these an a whole lot but they're a new love of mine. I have a few pairs from various places (Forever 21, JC Penny's, Old Navy, and Cotton On) and just love them peeking out of my riding boots. 
Miscellaneous
  • Wish App: One of my managers told me about this app and it is amazing. Basically it's full of discounted goods (clothes, accessories, home stuff, gadgets, and more!) that you can purchase for really inexpensive. I've been really happy with most of the stuff I've gotten and when you first sign up, you get a free item (you just have to pay $1 for shipping)!
  • Quiz-Up App: I play this on my iPad and it's pretty addicting. You play trivia against friends (or random people on the app from all over the world) in different categories and level up as you win. I'm pretty competitive, so I get really into it.
  • The Grinder: This is one of two new TV shows from Fox that I've been loving. It follows around the Sanderson brothers, one of which is a lawyer and the other who played a lawyer on a popular TV show. I think the concept is different and the show is hilarious. Plus, you can't go wrong with Fred Savage and Rob Lowe. 
  • Grandfathered: This is the second new show from Fox I've been loving! It stars John Stamos as a happy bachelor who finds out that he has a son (Josh Peck) and a daughter, making him both a father and a grandfather in the same day. John Stamos and Josh Peck work wonderfully together and I always look forward to new episodes. 
And that should be it! Stay tuned for (hopefully) twenty-four new posts over the next twenty-four days from me. I hope you all have an amazing end to 2015 and a great holiday season!

What have you been loving lately?
       

No comments:

Post a Comment