Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Tiny Treasures: CoverGirl Star Wars Collection -Blogmas Day 2-

One of my favorite things to look out for in the beauty world are media-themed launches. And if it's a collection based off of something that I love, I tend to get a little obsessive about getting the best-looking items (don't forget my in-class stalking to get my hands on the MAC Cinderella collection back in February). So when I heard that CoverGirl launched a Star Wars collection, I was overly excited.


To be honest, most of the lipsticks didn't apply to me (as unique as a gold lipstick is, I can't justify it in my collection), the nail polishes were mostly colors that I had, and the mascara isn't my favorite one from the brand, but I did manage to pick out some products that I absolutely love.



I'm moderately obsessed with the two lipsticks I picked: Dark Purple (50) and Red (30). The names are quite disappointing, but the colors are so pretty that I almost don't even care.


Dark Purple (50) is a deep, purple-wine color with the slightest shimmer and a lot sheen. As with all of the CoverGirl lip products, the formulation is great: it's creamy, moisturizing, and feels good on the lips. I wore this through breakfast and while it didn't look great by the end, there was a hint of color that looked really nice.

Red (30) is the same finish and formulation as Dark Purple. The color is a little darker than that classic red lips shade, which I adore. Darker colors really suit my complexion and I just know that I'll be wearing the heck out of this shade this month.


I picked out three of the nail polishes: Red Revenge,  Nemesis, and Speed of Light. The colors in the collection are pretty basic, but these three really called out to me. I mentioned Red Revenge in my November Favorites post from yesterday as the perfect creamy red. Nemesis is along the lines of OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, except a little bit lighter and a little creamier. Speed of Light is a perfect "greige." It's a creamy neutral that is different than a nude and stands out more than a gray. I have only applied Red Revenge, but the formulation of all of the Outlast stay brilliant polishes are very good. They're creamy and opaque, but I will say the lasting power isn't stellar. It's not bad, it's just nothing special (unless you have a great top coat!)


The lipsticks retail for between $6-8 and the polishes $5-7, depending on where you purchase them. If you love Star Wars or are in the market for some new, fun bold lipsticks for the holiday season, I highly recommend checking these out. I do recommend the nail polishes if a color really sparks your interest, but I don't think they're must-haves if you have similar colors already. As far as I know, this collection is available wherever CoverGirl products are sold, especially drugstores like CVS and Walgreens!

Are you counting down until Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment