Monday, December 21, 2015

How to Style Ugly Sweaters: Two Ways -Blogmas Day 21-

Ugly Christmas sweaters have swelled in popularity over the past few years. I myself absolutely adore them, always getting overly excited when I spot a new one I like while out shopping or browsing online. I bought two last year from Target (both online) and I decided to style them for you!



I wore the first look just the other day (you can see me wearing it in my my latest holiday tutorial post) and it's the more casual of the two. The other I would wear to an ugly Christmas sweater party or something where I wanted to be a little dressier yet still look fun and festive!

Sweater: Target
Jeans: American Eagle
Boots: JustFab
Trench Coat: Cotton On
Scarf: Old Navy

Like I said, I wore this just the other day to hang out, bake, and eat lunch with two good friends from high school. Obviously, I didn't wear the coat and scarf inside, but I loved how it looked when I went out to pick up my friend and do an errand. 

The second outfit I put together is a little more glam and a little more out there. It's not something I would wear everyday--it's a little bolder than I typically go for--but I actually really like how it came together. 

Sweater: Target
Skirt: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Tights: Not sure...they're just plain black tights!
Booties: A store near me that closed...sorry :(
Necklace: Icing

For this outfit, I was inspired by the glam looks I've been loving on Instagram lately, including the graphic tee and statement necklace combo I'm growing more obsessed with every day. I actually wish I had some place to wear this, but I don't have any ugly sweater parties this season :( 

BONUS!~ My Mom actually styled an ugly sweater (vest) for work today and I thought I would include the pics of her outfit! Her style is quite a bit different than mine, but I loved how she put the look together.

Where is your favorite ugly Christmas sweater from?
       

No comments:

Post a Comment