Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Beauty Boxes: December 2015 -Blogmas Day 22-

Beauty Box posts are back! I've missed doing these. I've found that many beauty bloggers and vloggers have stopped unboxing their Birchbox and Ipsys, but I still like to peek at what other people received in their boxes each month.



I have to say that I wish I could reinstate these monthly posts with a bang, but I'm not over the moon about this month's selections. Ipsy is pretty good, but Birchbox is a total bust, which sucks. As always, I'll start with Birchbox, and that way we will end on a high note!

This month, in my Birchbox: 

  • Avene Hydrance Optimale Hydrating Serum 
  • Christian Siriano Silhouette Eau de Parfum
  • Coastal Scents styleEYES Eyeshadow Palette - socialEYES
  • Harvey Prince Sea Salt Texturizing Mist
  • Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 35 - Light/Medium
Upon first inspection of my box, my first impression was that all of the items were small. Usually, Birchbox sends a holiday gift in December's box, whether it be an extra item or a full-sized, but this year they didn't which was disappointing. While there are no foil packets, there is something I hate: a perfume sample. A lot of "older" fragrances give me a huge headache, and this one was no exception. The eyeshadow duo looks promising, although Coastal Scents shadows are hit and miss, and the sea salt mist will be nice to try, but overall, nothing grabs me. This is definitely one of the worst Birchboxes I got in a while, which is such a sucky way to end 2015 (in terms of my beauty boxes, that is).

This month, in my Ipsy: 


  • Clark's Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask
  • Peony Cosmetics Shadow Trio
  • Briogeo Curl Charisma Leave-In Creme
  • Pacifica Power of Love Natural Lipstick in Sweet One
  • Elizabeth Motte Thank Me Later Eyeshadow Primer
First off, Ipsy's bag is gorgeous: it's a patent leather-esque domed, red quilted makeup bag that I definitely see myself getting some use out of. I think it would have been better if it were a tad more structured (especially at the bottom so it could stand on its own!) but it's still really pretty. The contents of the bag were much more my speed. The lipstick and shadow trio are gorgeous, and I alway need shadow primer and face masks (especially moisturizing ones). The Briogeo product looks good, too, so all in all, this is definitely a winner. Bonus? The lipstick and shadows are full sized!

I think it's clear that Ipsy is the winner this month. Hopefully Birchbox is saving up for some amazing things come the new year!

Birchbox total value: $12.25
Ipsy total value: $52.20

What's your favorite Beauty Box?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment