Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Healthy Treat: Zucchini Chips -Blogmas Day 23-

I have a confession: I love potato chips. I could eat an entire bag in one sitting while watching some Netflix. Because this isn't the healthiest snack in the world, I'm always looking for healthier ways to curve my craving. I've tried apple chips and kale chips (both of which I'll link down below), but today, I'm making something a little different: zucchini chips. 

For the recipe you will need: 
  • Zucchini--I used one, which fills up a sheet pan, but you can make however many you'd like
  • Olive oil spray
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Garlic powder
  • Onion powder
  • Paprika
  • Parmesan cheese
The recipe is seriously super simple: you just cut the zucchini into paper thin slices (I used a mandolin, but you can do it with a knife!), lay it on an aluminum foil lined tray, spray on the olive oil, and then sprinkle on the spices and Parmesan. I baked mine at 225F for about an hour and a half, but you can also bake them at 425F for about ten minutes. I just think that oven chips are much better in the long run low and slow. But that's it! I usually put these in a bowl and eat them hot and they're delicious. 

Do you make homemade chips?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment