Sunday, December 20, 2015

Tiny Treasures: Lavanila Rollerballs -Blogmas Day 20-

I'm pretty unconventional with my fragrance choices. I typically like scents that smell like you can eat them: sweet and sugary, warm and spicy, or fruity with a slight whiff of floral are what I usually go for, but my all-time favorite scent is vanilla. So when I heard about the brand Lavanila, I was ecstatic--a brand focused on healthy scents that all have vanilla at the core? Delish.


Lately, I've been buying rollerballs because I find that they're cheaper and last longer. Aside from that, I like applying the scent directly on my pressure points (my wrists, neck, and behind my ears) so that it is noticeable without giving people headaches. While I definitely plan on collecting all of the scents, right now, I have two: Pure Vanilla and Lemon Vanilla.

 


The brand itself focuses on being 100% healthy: they're made of natural, organic ingredients and free of harsh chemicals. I don't know any other perfume company that markets as being so pure and natural, but I like it!


My favorite of the two is Pure Vanilla, which has notes of Madagascar vanilla, tonka beans, and rich heliotrope. I like that it's labeled "pure" and there are only three notes. The Lavanila website says that they used more vanilla bean than vanilla cookie batter, which I think is a great way to put it! The is warm and inviting, and it lasts a good amount of time.


The other one, and my more recent purchase is Lemon Vanilla. This one has notes of juicy lemon, lush, watery fruits, fresh bamboo, and Madagascar vanilla. I still like that it's a fresh and clean version of my beloved, warm and inviting vanilla. I haven't worn this one as much, so I can't really comment too much on it, but I think it's going to be a winner, too.


You can purchase the brand at Sephora, which is where I went, but I'm not sure where else they are available. The rollerball (.32oz) retails for $19, or, if you want a bigger bottle, you can get a 1.7oz one for $58. I think the price point is pretty fair, and I'm sure you can tell that right now, I am planning on using this line for a long while.

Are you a daytime scent or a nighttime scent person?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment