Saturday, December 19, 2015

Holiday Makeup Look: Green Smoky Eyes + Nude Lips -Blogmas Day 19-

Last week, I posted a simple and classic makeup post that included shimmery, golden eyes and bright red lips. I love that look, but I wanted to do something different and bold. I went for the opposite Christmas color, doing a look with darker, green smoky eyes and pairing it with glossy nude lip. This is the exact opposite of my other look, but I find that it's better suited if you prefer something a little smokier as opposed to light and shimmery.


Sorry for my awkward expression--out of all the pictures I took, this is the one where my eyes looked best, even though I'm basically grimacing. I think it makes up for it though, because I'm wearing my beloved ugly Christmas sweater from Target! My face makeup is exactly the same as in my last post, so not wanting to be too redundant, I didn't include it again in this second look.


For the cheeks:
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronzer: I just wanted to contour my cheeks a little bit, so I used a teensy bit of this in the hallows of my cheeks, in my temples, and on my neck just to sculpt a little bit. 
  • Korres Cheek Butter in Erros Coral: This is a cream blush that is a beautiful natural color. I used my Real Techniques Blush Brush to dab this on the apples of my cheeks. 
  • MAC Iridescent Powder in Coupe D'Chic: From the Cinderella collection, I just wanted to use a subtle, pink-toned highlighter to warm up the look a little bit. 

For the eyes: 
  • Elf Eyelid Primer: Again, this is just a nice sheer (the color name, too!) primer that it's just nice to help the color last all day long. 
  • Elf Smudge Pot in Crusin' Chic: This is a shimmery, light bronze cream shadow that I used as a base for the green shadow. Because it's a neutral, it's a good foundation for the color on top. 
  • Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: I used Foxy and Walk of Shame to highlight (Foxy for the inner corner, WOS for the brow bone), a mixture of Naked 2 and Faint in the crease, and Crave to smoke out my liquid liner. 
  • Wet n' Wild Comfort Zone: I mainly used the bright green eyelid shade (all over my lid) and the dark, cool-toned brown shimmer (outer corner and crease), but I also used the lightest, shimmery champagne brow bone color to blend. I mixed the same cool-toned brown and mixed it with the silvery duo-chrome definer color to smudge onto the bottom lash line. 
  • Jordana Fabuliner in Black: I did a thick black line on my upper lash-line with this and then smudged it out with the matte black shadow (Crave!) from the Naked Basics palette. I normally never wear thick liner, but I liked how it looked against the green shadow.
  • Bellapierre Gel Liner in Black: I just used this along my waterline to tie in the black liner and accentuate the shadow I put under the eye. 
  • CoverGirl Clump Crusher + Clinique Bottom Lash: I did a bunch of thick coats of each of these, giving a more dramatic look without being too clumpy and still looking long and fluttery. 

For the lips: 
  • MAC Lipstick in Free As a Butterfly: Also from the Cinderella collection, this is just a sheer, nude lipstick that is perfect with the look. 
  • Jouer Lipgloss in Wind: This is my favorite nude lipgloss. It's the perfect match for my lips and is super glossy, which is why I picked it to go with the lipstick! I wanted my lips to be nude and glossy, which is exactly what this combination is. 
What do you think? Would you wear this to a Christmas party?

Do you like brighter eyeshadow, or do you prefer the neutrals? 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment