Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Currently Craving: Spring 2016

It's officially Spring, which is one of my favorite times of the year! Usually around this time, I get super inspired and in the mood to do a complete overhaul of my beauty routine, closet, room, organization system, and just life in general. However, between the craziness of school and life, I haven't had a ton of time to be inspired by the new season. I spent some time compiling my list for this post in hopes of getting more into my usual Spring spirit.

As always, I have a small collection of things: beauty, skincare, haircare, fashion, and a couple of random things. I think that this post is going to be the first in a mini series (tentatively titled "Spring Refresh") all about revitalizing your life and routines after the long Winter months. But for now, let's just focus on this, shall we? 
  1. Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette: This is something I've had my eye on for a while but it, unfortunately, never makes the cut over more exciting, more "cult" products. It's just a tiny, neutral 8-color eyeshadow palette that seems perfect for every day and on the go. I believe it's around the $24 mark (a steal for a high-end shadow palette!) so once I get in to a Sephora store to swatch it, I will probably end up throwing it in my basket. 
  2. Dr. Jart Premimium Beauty Balm in Medium to Deep: I actually had to go through my previous Currently Cravings to make sure I didn't include this already! I've had multiple deluxe samples of this BB cream and absolutely love it. The original is a tad light for me, so I'll definitely aim to get the darker version. I think it'll be perfect for the warmer weather when foundation seems a bit too heavy. 
  3. The Wet Brush: I just found out that they have paddle brush versions of these, which intrigued me! I prefer a paddle brush for when I blow out my hair (which is rarely, to be honest) so I think it's time for me to invest in one of these bad boys. Plus, I'll use the heck out of it post swimming in the summer, right? Right!
  4. Lush Cup o' Coffee: The second I saw this on the Lush website, I knew I had to have it. It's a face and body mask made from coffee beans, which sounds Heavenly to me. Bonus: it's not a fresh face mask, meaning that it lasts longer! 
  5. Sephora Sheet Masks in Algae and Avocado: I love these sheet masks. They recently came out with a few new ones and the two that intrigue me the most (out of the three) are Algae (purifying and detoxifying) and Avocado (nourishing and repairing). I buy these all of the time, so the next time I purchase form Sephora, I will most likely pick one of the new ones up to give a whirl. 
  6. Cobalt heels: Oh, my, these are swoon worthy. I don't know what's with me and this color right now, but I found these heels on Amazon and can't stop obsessing over them. Once I go through and do some closet purging, these will be a top buy. But for now, I'll just stare. 
  7. Princess ring: I know these are a top sought after gift to get from a boyfriend, but don't you just love the look of them in general? I do! However, I don't really want to pay the Pandora price, so I'm currently eyeing this version (also from Amazon) and waiting until I can convince myself that more jewelry in a necessity. 
  8. Cobalt pants: Like I said, I don't know what it is with me and cobalt right now, but I'm really liking it! I am a big fan of patterned pants, but for the Spring and Summer I want to expand my collection of solid colored bottoms that I can pair with patterned tops. These would go with everything and would look awesome cuffed up at the ankle with some canvas sneakers and a graphic tee. I'm not particular on where mine come from, as long as I like how they look and fit, but pictured are a pair from the Arizona brand at J.C. Penny's. 
  9. Harry Potter Adult Coloring Books: Did you know that adult color books are some of the most popular books on Amazon right now? Crazy, right? I've always loved to color, but the adult books never appealed to me. However, the themed ones I've been seeing (not jus the HP ones, but there are multiple Disney ones, too!) really intrigue me. I can't decide which one I want in the series--I think just the general one over the animals or the places/characters--but I do know that I must have them all eventually. Yes, I must. ;) 
  10. Polaroid camera: These have been popular for a couple of years and yet I never ended up getting one. The more I see them online and in stores I just imagine how cool it would be to actually get one and play around with the different films. That being said, it isn't cheap (not only do you have to buy the said camera, but also the said films) which is why I think I've been holding off. The blue one is my favorite, though!
  11. Bonus! I couldn't narrow down my beauty picks to just five, so I'm throwing in the new Sephora Colorful Gloss Balms as a little bonus. It's no secret that I love the old Sephora Glossy Glosses, which are, sadly, discontinued. They seem to have replaced them with these Gloss Balms though, which look pretty promising! All of the colors look beautiful (there's a blue and an indigo!) but I am currently eyeing Warrior Princess and Tomboy. 
What's at the top of your wish list right now?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment