Friday, December 4, 2015

Top Two: Liquid Liners -Blogmas Day 4-

I'll be perfectly honest and tell you that I'm not a fan of using liquid eyeliner, but I love the bold effect it gives makeup looks (especially paired with a bold lipstick...*swoon*). A lot of my friends aren't very particular with their every day picks because no matter what they use it looks fabulous. I, on the other hand, get my face right up to the mirror and take my time lining up upper lash line...and it still comes out uneven. As a result, I am very particular with what I use. So, today, I'm going to continue my Top Two series and talk about my top picks: the Jordana Fabuliner and the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner.


A lot of the times, my high end favorite slightly edges out my drugstore one. In this case, I would much rather use my Jordana Fabuliner over anything--including the wildly popular Stila version.


First off, I am a huge fan of the packaging. It's nothing special to look act (except the gold curvy font) but for functionality, it's great. The pen is hefty enough to get a good and keep a good grip while applying and it doesn't get too tired or worn. It's also easy to find in my makeup bag, which is crucial.


The tip itself is a felt tip but the point isn't super sharp, which makes it easy to handle and maneuver the pen. Mine is a little dried out at this point, as I've had it for months and have used it a ton, but the color is very black. Sometimes I find it dries out a tad and needs a good shake to get the liquid flowing again, but that's nothing major that annoys me.


The Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner is a cult product in the beauty realm. Formulated like the ever-popular Japanese liquid liner formulations, it's smooth, pigmented and precise. The packaging is a slightly thinner than the Jordana version, but other than that it's incredibly similar: sleek, shiny tube and classy, brand signature font.


The tip is incredibly sharp: it's easy to get a very precise line and get really close to the lash line. The color is pigmented and the formulation lasts all day long, although I don't really think it's 100% waterproof. My problem with this one, that makes me prefer the Jordana version a little more, is that for me, the tip is too fine. Because I don't have the steadiest hand applying liner, it makes it a little easier for me to mess up because the formulation glides right on and the tip is so fine and agile. As I get better with my lines, though, I think I'll like this one more and more. 

Top: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner
Bottom: Jordana Fabuliner (two coats, as mine is drying out!)


The Jordana Fabuliner retails for $2.99 and is available at Walgreens or online. The Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner retails for $22 and is available wherever Stila products are sold--Sephora, Stila counters, or online as well. If I had to pick just one, I would probably go for the Jordana version for now, but I will admit that in a year or two my opinion might be a little different!

Which of these two would you like to try?
      




No comments:

Post a Comment