Sunday, December 13, 2015

Polished: My Favorite Holiday Colors

Painting my nails is such a routine for me (I typically paint my nails on Sunday night, wear the color all week, take it off Friday night to let my nails breath, and the cycle starts again and again) but that doesn't stop me from getting excited over which polish I'm going to sport each week. As you probably have been able to tell, I love Christmas, and I love anything festive, so of course I have a few polishes I like to break out during December to celebrate in my own small way. So today, I am going to share my top four.


As you can see, I have a mix of salon brands and drugstore, and every color is bright and fun! I did want to note that I didn't include Essie's Toggle to the Top, which I did a Nail of the Day post on a few days ago, just because I wanted to include some different polishes. However, I do really like Toggle to the Top!


The Colors
  • OPI Animalistic: This is from The Muppet's Holiday collection a few years ago and I still love it. It's red-orange with a slight, silver shimmery duochrome. It's really fun and bright, and a little bit different than your traditional "Christmas red."
  • Sinful Colors San Francisco: Whereas Animalistic is a more nonconvenctional red for the holidays, "San Francisco" is the perfect bright, emerald green. It's very similar to China Glaze "Watermelon Rind." The polish has subtle sheen and shimmer to it, making it festive, too!

The Glitters
  • China Glaze Snow Globe: Snow Globe is one of my favorite glitter polishes of all time. It actually looks like the glitter you would find in an actual snow globe, with a clear base and chunky, different sized iridicent glitter. 
  • Essie Beyond Cozy: Definitely the boldest of the bunch, this is a cool-toned silver glitter polish that totally stands out on the nails. It's very shimmery and opaque, the perfect for a bold mani or a fun accent nail!
Which one of these is your favorite?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment