Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sale Savvy: Cute Dresses for Fall

There is no better feeling than walking out of a store with some great snags off of the clearance rack. A few days ago I found myself in one of my favorite stores, Cotton On, and there were sale racks galore. After trying on piles of cute clothes with reduced tags (isn't that the best?), I narrowed my purchase down to three dresses that I just couldn't let go of.




My first find is my favorite: it's a black, stiff-cotton spaghetti strap dress with a sweetheart neckline and a floral and crossed line white pattern. The skirt is skater-style--very flouncy and pleated. I love the cut of this. It's fitted on the top and cinches in at exactly the right spot to highlight my waist before flowing out into the skirt. Because it's black and white, it's so versitle. I can see myself wearing this with some colorful sneakers for the warmer weather and then layering it with a cardigan, scarf, tights, and boots once things cool down. And best of all? It was only $15!


This next one was the priciest at $20 but it's so unique to everything I own. It's a silkier fabric than the other two and is (obviously) black with a white, sketched-on heart pattern. The sleeves go just past my elbow and it's cut a bit higher on my neck. I'm not a massive fan of large, bold patterns, but for some reason I absolutely adore this--I already plan to wear it with black riding boots and maybe a red belt to break up the pattern and add a pop of color.


It's interesting that my most reduced find ($10...score!) feels the most expensive. This is a bright red, thick, soft waffle fabric skater dress. The sleeves are cut shorter and the neckline higher than the heart printed one, and it's more fitted. I didn't own a red dress before this one came along, and now I'm mildly obsessed. I'll probably wear this once a week during the holiday season but it's another one of those all-year-round kind of styles for me.

All in all, this was a very successful shopping trip. The older I've gotten the more I've realized that it's way better to leave a store with a few things you really love over buying a ton of stuff that's just sort of eh.

Have you ever shopped at Cotton On?
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment