Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Reviewed: Nivea a Kiss of Care&Color

It's no secret that I'm a tad lip balm obsessed and that Nivea is my favorite overall brand for moisturizing my lips. While browsing in Walgreen's a few days before taking off for Alaska, I threw this new product into my basket, no idea at all that I found my go-to new line of tinted lip balms. Sure, I thought Maybelline had done it with their Baby Lips, but Nivea, you topped them.


I'm not sure how long these have been around, but I've never seen them and trust me, I'm always browsing the Nivea displays. There are five colors in this line, ranging from a light pink to a crimson. All of the colors are sheer, so they're marketed similarly to Baby Lips. But in my opinion, they're better. 



My problem with Baby Lips is that they don't moisturize on the long term--meaning yeah, they feel nice when first applied, but you have to keep reapplying them. My biggest thing I look for in a lip balm is long term moisturization, and Nivea delivers that. The color, I picked out Sheer Berry, is the perfect balance of sheer-without-being-invisible, and the opacity is perfect for every day casual wear. 


The design of the actual stick is nothing new: the ring of color surrounds the actual balm, which makes for an even layer of care and color. The ingredients are enriched with vitamin B5, vitamin E, shea butter, and jojoba oil, which the brand claims "nourishes and repairs dry lips while providing long lasting moisture." I'm not sure if this combination of ingredients is anything new or exciting, but it seems to work


Nivea's A Kiss of Care&Color line ranges anywhere between $3.99-$4.99 depending on the retailer, and should be available where ever Nivea products are sold (like I said, I found mine at Walgreen's!). If you're looking for a true tinted lip balm, I definitely recommend giving these a go. 

Do you like Nivea?
Alyssa



No comments:

Post a Comment