Monday, July 28, 2014

Top Two: High-End Lip Saviors

I have kind of an obsession with lip balms. I'm on a never ending mission to find my ultimate favorite, and Nivea's A Kiss of Milk and Honey currently holds my number one slot. Most of my picks come from the drugstore, but the two that don't make my heart sing happy little beauty product songs: Soap&Glory's A Great Kisser and Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm.




Personally, I only use pot lip balms at home, which is why these fall short of my Nivea one. I hate the idea of sticking my finger in the tin with dirty hands while I'm out, so even if one of these ends up in my bag, it never gets used. That being said, they do frequent my bedside table and my desk, and they do really get quite often.


First up: Soap&Glory A Great Kisser Balm in Juicy Peach. Le sigh...I put off buying this bad boy for so long, but it was worth every penny of the ten dollars I spent on it. It's thicker than your typical lip balm, meaning it's nice and moisturizing, and despite being an opaque pink in the tin, this goes on transparent, which I prefer! But even better than the formulation is the smell. Oh my goodness, the smell of this is just incredible. I tend to like scents that smell like you can eat them (think vanilla and more fruity scents) and this is just that. It's a sweet, peachy scent that is just so appealing to me. I love this so much that I'm lusting after the newest, Vanilla Bean flavor, and just waiting for the rest of the flavors that are sold in the UK to come to Sephora.


Not going to lie, the main reason that I wanted to try this is because someone told me that it smells like strawberry shortcake, and they were totally right. If you couldn't tell already, scents are super important to me, and this one ticks all of the boxes. It's noticeably thinner than the Soap&Glory one, and is more of a solid salve rather than a jelly-like balm. I will say that the original Rosebud Salve is a multi-use product, and this one is not. It's solely for lips, but I think it would have been cool if it were suitable for dry skin as well. It retails for $7, and I found mine at Sephora, but I have spotted these at Bath and Body Works near the lip glosses!


All in all, I love both of these, but there are definitely options just as great in the drugstore. If you have your eye on one, I definitely recommend giving it a shot, but don't dig around for extra cash. The Nivea Lip Butters are a great affordable and accessible option.

Do you like potted or stick lip balms?
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment