Friday, July 31, 2015

July Favorites 2015

I'm always sad to see July go because it means that summer is halfway over. Nevertheless, this past month was pretty busy for me but I did manage to try out a few new products.


I know, I know, I use a picture like this a lot. But my Julys are basically defined by this view: the resort my family and I vacation at every summer. How gorgeous is the sunset over the lake? 


Skincare & Hair Care
  • Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent: I love toner yet have never found one that is, in my opinion, a holy-grail. I picked this up in desperation from the grocery store and actually really love it. It gets all of the leftover gunk off of my face and helps calm down breakouts without drying out my skin too much.
  • Not Your Mother's Double Take Dry Finish Texture Spray: My hair hits right at my shoulders and texture spray is just the easier way to make it a little interesting. I hunted this guy down after its release and really like it. It's a bit heavier than the other one I was using but doesn't make my hair crunch and adds some nice waves.

Makeup 
  • NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I've wanted to try this for a while and finally picked it up while in Sephora with my friend (only a little bit of push on her part). I have the color Ginger and it's the perfect summer color for me. The texture of this is beautiful and is amazing for all over the face--even under the eyes, which I'm super particular with. I mainly use it for covering blemishes and it is worth every ounce of hype it has.
  • Korres Cheek Butter in Eros Coral: This was something I purchased and didn't use for a while, but I am glad I finally pulled it out of my collection. It's a gorgeous darker coral-pink blush that looks amazing with a tan. 
  • MAC Iridescent Pressed Powder in Coupe D'Chic: hauled this along with a few other products from the Cinderella collection back in February and just got around to using it. I apply this with a fluffy angled brush and just sweep it on the top of my cheekbones. The chunky glitter seems to disappear and it just leaves the most beautiful highlight.
  • Bellapierre Gel Eye Liner in Ebony: I received this in a beauty box a few months ago and it is lovely. It glides on and is super black and is just amazing. I've been applying this to my outer lash line and then smudging it inward with an angled liner brush for a subtle smokey look.

Fashion
  • GAP Shorts: I actually have another pair of these (they're blue and white patterned) but they're in the wash, which proves that I wear the heck out of these shorts. They're super comfortable, have side pockets, and hit just right on my leg. I bought all three pairs during a sale and it ignited my love for the brand. PS: I know they look incredibly wrinkled and I promise they don't wrinkle easily--I'm just talented ;)
  • GAP Chevron Necklace: This was also purchased on that same shopping trip and I think it's really unique. It's an 18 inch chain with a hematite and antique gold chevron that is daintier than a statement necklace, but still noticeable and different.


Random & Lifestyle
  • Cotton On Water Bottle: I threw this in with a Cotton On order a few months ago and have been using it a lot lately (hence my water in it!). It's just peachy pink and polka dotted and it says "Don't Forget to Be Amazing" which I love.
  • Inside Out: Along with all of the other Disney fanatics and children in the world, I saw this movie this month and ugh, Disney/Pixar never disappoints. The film explores the inside of 11-year-old Riley's mind and how her emotions impact who she is. It's beautiful and funny and heart-breaking and as good as every other Disney/Pixar movie.
  • The Fosters: I caught up with this show on Netflix this month and am now watching the episodes as they premiere. It's not my favorite thing I've watched, but it's entertaining. It follows around 16-year-old Callie (Maia Mitchell) and her journey being fostered by a family called the Fosters.
  • "Shut Up and Dance" - Walk the Moon: Hello, my summer jam! This is just a fun song to dance around and sing to and honestly, I just love it.
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Animal Crossing and Sims are my two favorite video games and I finally caved and bought a Nintendo 3DS so I could play the new AC game. It is amazing. You become the mayor of your town and get to customize things to your liking--it's more interesting and feels more purposeful than the original game and I am obsessed.
And that's it for July! Stay tuned because August is going to be full of travel posts. I'm heading to Disney for ten days pretty soon with my parents and one of my brothers so there will be a whole lot of related posts coming up--everything from travel packing to restaurant reviews to just pictures from wherever I am.

Have you discovered anything amazing this month?
      



No comments:

Post a Comment