Thursday, December 4, 2014

Reviewed: MAC Holiday Lipsticks

MAC released a gorgeous line of limited edition lipsticks for the holidays this year and the second I laid my eyes on some of the samples, I was in love. In order to resist buying all six, I set myself a two-lipstick minimum. The result was me picking out two shades that I think I'll be wearing all winter long: Rebel and Tribalist.


These shades are both part of the Heirloom Holiday collection for 2014. The packaging has silver glitter on the standard matte black plastic (the glitter is more apparent in person) and I really like it! It's special for the holiday season without being too crazy or decked out. 

Rebel, Tribalist

Rebel (satin) is a darker, magenta-raspberry with a little bit of a shine to it. It's definitely more on the bright/warm side of the spectrum but I find it easier to wear than other bright lip colors. Tribalist (amplified) is a dark, vampy-red and I am in love. Like Rebel, it has a bit of a shine, and the color itself is right on trend for this season. Both colors are very opaque--the swatches below are only two quick swipes!


As with all MAC lip products, these are creamy, moisturizing, and smell just like vanilla. Because they are part of a collection with different packaging, they are a tad more expensive ($17.50 a piece vs $16). I find for the money, MAC cosmetics are such a good deal: other high-end brands will charge twenty-thirty dollars for a lipstick like this one.


If you're in the market for some nice statement lipsticks for the winter/holiday season, I would most definitely check these out! To my knowledge, they're available wherever MAC cosmetics sold (I purchased mine on the MAC website)!

Did you buy anything from the MAC holiday collection this year?
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment