Monday, November 3, 2014

Reviewed: Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette

It's no secret that Urban Decay is known for their Naked palettes. All three of them were some of the most coveted beauty products of their time and all three are completely worth the hype. The Naked Basics palette is my favorite, as it truly has all of the basic colors that people tend to forget about buying in the midst of the gorgeous bronzes and champagnes. So when I heard about the release of the Naked 2 Basics Palette, I had to get my hands on it.


Like the original, the Naked 2 Basics includes six full sized shadows (one satin, five mattes): Skimp (satin), Stark, Frisk, Cover, Primal, and Undone. They scheme a bit cooler than the original palette, and seems to focus more on the browns than the creamy highlighting colors. 



The packaging of the second is almost identical to the first, which I really like! It's a rubberized, plastic compact with the standard Naked palette font. For size referance, it's about the same width has my iPhone 5, but a bit shorter. As always, the full top of the compact is a mirror, rounding out the packaging to be perfect for travel.


I don't even have to come out and say it right? The formulation of the powders is just gorgeous. They're smooth and pigmented and just downright awesome. I haven't met an Urban Decay shadow I haven't liked (knocks on wood).


Here's a side by side comparison of the two palettes with the original on the bottom and the second on top. You can see the difference in color schemes. Also, Venus, the lightest color in the first Basics palette, is more shimmery than Skimp is. In general, I think these are different enough to justify having both, but you definitely could choose just one. I prefer warmer tones, so I think I'd have to go with the original, but the second is beautiful as well, and I will use the crud out of it throughout the winter months! 

The Naked 2 Basics Palette retails for $29 and can be found where ever Urban Decay products are sold (Sephora, Ulta, various counters, or online!). If you've been eyeing this palette, I would go for it! There's nothing bad about having some basic matte eye shadows to complete your basic eye look!

Which Urban Decay Palette is YOUR favorite?
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment