Friday, December 11, 2015

Holiday Makeup Look: Gold Eyes + Red Lips -Blogmas Day 11-

I've crafted two makeup looks for this holiday season, and I'm so excited to share the first with you all! When I think of Christmas makeup, I think of a lot of shimmer and a bright red lip, and this look is exactly that. The next one that I'm going to post (probably sometime next week) is a little bit different and unconventional, but I love this classic take.


I don't like my makeup to be too bold, so you can definitely modify this to be a little heavier (winged liner would look great!) or even make this even more natural by using a lighter shadow and doing a quick sweep of shimmer across your eyelid. 


For the face:
  • Your favorite foundation: I used the Elf Acne Fighting Foundation, which isn't my favorite, but it's what I'm using right now.
  • Concealer--under eye and face: For under my eyes, I start off with the CoverGirl + Olay Simply Ageless and they do a little bit of my Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle roller ball to brighten. For my face, I used a little of my Elf Cover Everything, just to touch up any redness and acne.
  • Powder: I used Rimmel Stay Matte translucent just to set my base makeup, but you can opt for a powder with some coverage if you feel you need to. 
  • Brow Stuff: My brows are a little crazy (especially lately because I've gotten super lazy), so I use a pencil to fill in the big gaps and then go over it with a little powder before I use my gel. Right now, I'm using the Avon Ultra Luxury Brow Liner, the Pixi by Petra Brow Powder Trio, and the Maybelline Clear Mascara as a gel.
  • Primer: I didn't use any for the sake of the pictures--I'm not actually going anywhere tonight--but if I was wearing this out, I'd use my Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. 

For the cheeks: 
  • The Body Shop Honey Bronzer:  I wanted to use a matte bronzer just to contour my cheeks a teensy bit, and this is my go to. It's the winter time, so I personally don't use a ton of bronzer. 
  • Urban Decay Naked Flushed: I used a sheer layer of the blush on the apples of my cheeks, just to add some matte color to my complexion. I then finished off the tops of my cheekbones, forehead, nose bridge, cupids bow, and chin with a quick dust of the highlighter (which is gorgeous). 



For the eyes: 
  • Elf Eyelid Primer: This is such a good eye primer, and I just wanted a plain base for the eyeshadow to stick to. 
  • Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Crayon in Bulletproof Beige: I picked this as my base because it's a pretty, golden champagne color that is nice on its own or underneath other shadows to help them pop.
  •  Stila In the Light Palette: Specifically, I used the colors Bare, Kitten, Bubbly, Gilded Gold, Luster, and Ebony. Bubbly was my main, all over lid color, and I did a pretty good layer of it. I mixed Gilded Gold and Luster in the outer part of my eye and in the crease just to sculpt a little and darken the look. I used Kitten and Bare to highlight: Kitten in my inner corner, Bare on the brow bone. I also put Kitten on the inner part of my lower lash line and Luster on the outer part. All I did with Ebony was press it over my liquid liner to set it and deepen the color. 
  • Jordana Fabuliner in Black: Liquid liner is always a good idea with a bold lip (it balances it out!) but like I said, I don't like things too bold, so I did a thin line on my upper lash line. 
  • Bellapierre Gel Liner in Black: I just ran this quickly over my waterline to add to the balance of the liner vs the bold lip. 
  • CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara + Clinique Bottom Lash: For my lashes themselves, I did a few coats of Clump Crusher to get long, defined lashes, and then did a tiny bit of Clinique Bottom Lash to define the bottom lashes as well. 

For the lips:
  • EOS Coconut Milk: I don't have much to say about this, except that, because my lips get dry really quickly, I find it nearly impossible to apply any lip product without a balm underneath.
  • Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Lipstick in Ms. Mia Wallace: This is one of my favorite holiday shades. It's bright yet a little darker than a traditional bright red lip color, and the formulation is great. It's also easy to apply and touch up throughout the night, which is a big plus. 
And that's that! Let me know what you think of the look and how you would change it to make it more your style. 

Subtle or bold looks for parties?
      



No comments:

Post a Comment